The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

September 22nd, Englishtown, Raceway Park - MITSUBISHI DAY

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yea, I picked up the $50 R.J.S. jacket last year when they first put that rule in place. Was never checked during tech-in, only asked if I had one as I'd said I had an aftermarket turbo. BTW, WalMart carries DOT Bell helmets for $79 ;)

so the real question is when did Tom become a wiseman?

oh and are we meeting somewhere beforehand to head down together?

After he came over with his knee pads. :D

Oh well that makes sense now.

Congrats Tom on the promotion.

And congrats Bruce on the BJ. ROFL

. All entrants running quicker than 13.99 are required to have a helmet.

Nope. Found out the hard way last year. I got booted during time trial (not trials. Only got one run in, after I snuck back around before the quick 16 ran).

The chick told me to put my helmet on as I lined up. I told her I'm in the 14's and don't need a helmet. she said "I don't care if you're in the 20's. You want to run on this track? you gotta wear a helmet." So I raced down the return lane, stopped some guy who had just run and begged his helmet off for the one run. Snuck back in before the quick 16's finished lining up. Got a dirty look from her and she waved me on to get me out of the way.

MB

Quick question is it worth running a N/A Spyder down there and does anyone know the regulations as to if I'll need to wear a helmet since its a convertible? Also how much does it cost to run?

Quick question is it worth running a N/A Spyder down there

No. J/P that's totally up to you. There's gonna be 15 second cars down to 9 second cars there. You're obviously not gonna be the fastest but there's always someone faster. The decision on whether it's worth it to run is up to you. Even if your car's slow it's still a fun experience. I know I was running 15's the first and only time I went.

does anyone know the regulations as to if I'll need to wear a helmet since its a convertible?

Pretty sure you have to wear a helmet regardless as was just discussed above your post.

Also how much does it cost to run?

I believe it was $25 last year

I know I was running 15's the first and only time I went.
I thought you were running 17's?:p

BTW how's your TB job coming along? My car should be running by tonight or tomorrow if you need help.

I mean I never actually raced before because everyone told me its not worth it because all I have is an intake and exhaust. I want to try regardless to what people think. bullet I have no idea what you just said LOL I might bring my friend who has a rs-t with me I know he's running low 13's to 12's

I thought you were running 17's?:p

Haha funny I was actually in the 15's with my 2.5+ 60' times and not staying on the gas through the traps.

BTW how's your TB job coming along? My car should be running by tonight or tomorrow if you need help.

Bah, I'm ordering parts tonight. I forget where you're updated to so... I just pulled the head off the other day, it's clear that all my intake valves hit the pistons when a bolt got stuck in the crank sprocket and made the belt jump and tear to shreds. Not sure if they are bent but I'll probably find somewhere to have them replaced this week just b/c I don't want to put the head back on and then realize they were bent. You wouldn't know how to do that/have the right tools now would u?

Bracket racing FTW. You could come in first with a 15 second DSM. How close can you come to your dial in, without going under?

MB

bullet I have no idea what you just said

It's not as confusing as it sounds, just read a little on bracket racing.

Dial in time - basically guess the time your car is going to run. The closer you run to that time without going under it the better.

A rather simplified example
You dial in at 16 and run a 16.1 and your opponent dials in at 11 and runs an 11.3 you win b/c you were closer to your dial-in time. Or he runs 10.999 and you still win b/c he went under (known as breaking out)

For those asking about etown, I pulled this from evom for their thread on mitsu day....

Originally Posted by mikesevo8
I posted this info on our local club boards, and here it is for you all:

I found out a few things while at Etown last week that I'd thought I would share.
It will be important for any of you that want to participate in any upcoming events.

License - You must have it on you; yes you will have to show it to the guys at tech inspection.
It must be valid ie. not expired/suspended. You must be at least 18.

Helmets - Everyone must wear a helmet. If your car goes 13.99 or quicker (and that's most of you) then you
must have your own helmet. Even E-town won't rent you one; only for 14.00 and slower. Your helmet must be
Snell 2000 (SA2000, M2000) rated or newer - latest latest is 2005. If you need to buy a helmet, get a 2005 rated; it
will last longer.

Fire Jacket - If you have any power adder that didn't come on your car from the factory, ie. nitrous, supercharger,
aftermarket turbo - you must wear a fire jacket. I am not sure if the various alky/meth kits are considered a power adder.
I wasn't going to ask...and if "busted" at the track, make sure you make them understand it is just an anti-knock unit.

These are the 3 that will affect most of the members. There are many other rules to comply with if you run 11.50
and faster, but anyone here that is running those times already knows what they nned to do.
This is mostly for the bracket guys.

These new rules are being enforced at all tracks starting this year. The Etown tech guy told me they have already had
NJ troopers come in undercover and bust people, particularly on license violations

Ahhh i'm 17 (today), I can't race? What about with "mom or dad's" signature?

Meh, I use a full face motorcyle helmet, and it's got me through inspection every time. We'll see how it goes this year.

guys i need help with a check engine light and i'm new to dsm tuners but had a dsm for years..... can you guys help?

guys i need help with a check engine light and i'm new to dsm tuners but had a dsm for years..... can you guys help?
Stop by Autozone and ask them to pull the code for free. Welcome to tuners, please use proper caps and punctuation.

Corey said:
Not sure if they are bent but I'll probably find somewhere to have them replaced this week just b/c I don't want to put the head back on and then realize they were bent. You wouldn't know how to do that/have the right tools now would u?
You should have done a leakdown test before pulling the head. Flip the head around and pour gas on the valves.

xxraptor660xx said:
Ahhh i'm 17 (today), I can't race? What about with "mom or dad's" signature?
haha Guess you'll be the designated camera man this year. Happy birthday.

You should have done a leakdown test before pulling the head. Flip the head around and pour gas on the valves.

Yeah yea I should have. I've now heard pour water, oil, alcohol, and gas on the valves.

Yeah, sometimes E-Town is strict and sometimes not.. My buddy, who is coming with me, runs 12.4 with just a helmet. Ive heard theyre getting serious with the jacket rules though.

If the Tech guy doesnt make you pop your hood, your turbo is stock. Remember that. :p

I cant wait to run 15+ with these bald tires im on. Just look for the grey convertible spinnning all the way up! :sneaky: :thumb:

I cant wait to run 15+ with these bald tires im on. Just look for the grey convertible spinnning all the way up! :sneaky: :thumb:

RIGHT THERE WITH YA :thumb:

Should I take my pass. side seat and some interior panels out to reduce some weight?

I should be able to make it, with my new JDM engine and all :talon: Anyone from the Philly area going?

Im not from phili but you have to go by me

Hi everyone, I know I've tried to make a few meets before and failed but I'm sure I will be there for this one. Its sounds like a good time. Hopefully, I will be done the new setup by the 22nd. Hope to see you guys there! I'll keep checkin and read through the thread for updates.
Take care!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back