The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

September 22nd, Englishtown, Raceway Park - MITSUBISHI DAY

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopefully i am going to be helping my friend put a big 60 trim type turbo on his Stealth R/t and we will be goign down the night before and are gonna get a hotel right by the track so we can get the cars ready and toss some brews back while doing it. Anybody know any good hotels really close to the track??

there are a bunch on rt 18, which is about 10min from the track.

I'm still going but not racing now. Car might be down for a rebuild.

I'm going and will be running if I'm tuned at 20 by then.

Does anyone know anymore details about it.

Like are there different classes?

What has the competition been like previous years?

So who's drving down with me from norh jersey? Paramus, Fair Lawn, Ridgewood area?

I will be there but without a car. Broken DSM...Go figure. Hopefully it will not get rained out. This was the first year the Shootout was rained out in 15 years. It was also my first trip out to see it. The open house day at Buschur was worth it though. So hopefully it will be the first year Mitsu Day doesn't get rained out LOL

Format / classes seem to change every year. There's always been eliminator class (e.g. Quick 8/16) and at least one bracket class.

Some threads with details of prior years:
2005 :dsm:

Thanks. :thumb:

I guess I don't have much of a choice if its the same, either DSM heads up or Mitsubishi bracket.

Me and 2 other DSMers from Staten Island will be comming ;)

Wow I can't wait! Just ordered a front mount. if I get it installed by the 22nd, i'll be ripping on her on the track.

BTW does the evo guys would be allowed there???
It's touted as "Mitsubishi Day" so any Mitsubishi bodied/powered car should be allowed to compete. Funny story, last year at tech the guy saw that my car was an Eagle and almost did not let me compete as did not realize it was the same as the Eclipse :rolleyes:

Note that starting last year, all entrants that run a non-oem turbo (they will ask you but will likely not check) are required to wear an SFI 3.2A/1 rated fire jacket. All entrants running quicker than 13.99 are required to have a helmet.

whaaat???!! fire jacket??? without that you won't be able to go on a track??? btw i don't care bout helmet because im over 14 LOL),the E-Town track got some stupid rules,never been there before,so its a good time to try it out.I Like ATCO way better then an E-Town's track:(

yeah thats the thing, would anyone be able to lend me a helmet that day. I def will be in the 13's but i just don't have the money to buy a $100+ helmet, especially after just spending over a grand on my clutch and all... :cry:

So what are the chances that everyone is actually going to be able to race that day? I'm debating on going or not, but I'm always hesitant because I hate sitting in pits.

p.s., I have both a fire jacket and a Snell M2005 helmet if anyone needs to borrow mine when we're there.

I have an actual firefighter's jacket can I use that? And a beat up hayabusa helmet from when my dad crashed his bike. I'll be pimpin it for sure :rocks:

The track has helmets that you can rent, but you better get there early, as they don't have that many!! You have to give them your license or some form of photo id so that you can borrow a helmet.

The helmet rule is highly enforced (as should be) but the fire jacket is only checked at tech-in, and only if you say you have an aftermarket turbo (wink..wink) ;)

I'll have two helmets and my jacket with me if anyone wants to borrow one :dsm:

They don't even look under the hood????? Oh and no one answered my question. Is a firefighters jacket ok? :)

i should be there if i get my car on the road it runs but i have no insurance on the car. i got 3 weeks i should be there and i have a few friends with dsms that are going

They don't even look under the hood????? Oh and no one answered my question. Is a firefighters jacket ok? :)

I'm not sure how they're going to feel about a firefighter's jacket. Reason? Because it's not SFI certified. They require a 3.2A/1 SFI spec. They used the word "mandatory" and they used it in bold. I think they're serious. Go ahead and spend the money on a jacket. They can be had for about $100 these days. I spent $1000 on my firesuit, mine had to be custom made (3.2A/15) so I have already felt the pain!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back