The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G RVR or real Evo 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshMc

Proven Member
Nov 18, 2015
Kansas City, Missouri
Okay so after looking around I guess there's 2 diffrent version, I purchased a "evo 3" intake manifold, but I'm not sure to know exactly if i got a legit evo 3, can anyone tell me what to look for or how to know what I got? Thank you!!

Here is what I received

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-29-18-12-27-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-18-12-27-1.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 282
What is important is the inlet measurement. The inlet should be 60mm. If so, you are good to go. You will need the plug the EGR port.

The only difference between the Evo 3 and the RVR IM is the RVR has an extra vacuum port on the back of the IM pointed towards the firewall, near the brake booster. The regular/legit Evo 3 IM does not have this.

Everything else is identical. Flow characteristics, TB inlet diameter, etc. So I wouldn't bother trying to guess if it's Evo 3 or RVR.

Interesting, not sure where I read it but I swear reading someone said the rvr was like less performance upgrade than an evo 3 but they looked the same, not sure from where, but thank you for clearing that up for me, I ordered it from eBay and it came from Japan so I just wanted to make sure they didn't screw me over, granted, it only cost $110, and free shipping, but it doesn't come with the coil mount bracket so I'll have to figure that out..

Mount it near the strut tower. Just find a place for it that isn't janky. Some people mount the coil pack under the IM and run the wires up inbetween the runners. Looks good and works well. Or go with a COP setup. :p

Hey thats my video :)
Anyways your's looks like an Evo 3 (99% sure) since I recently had my RVR and a Real Evo 3 side by side. You have the extra vacuum source that mine didn't and also a real Evo 3 will have EGR port hole and a RVR will not. Hope this helps

But like everyone says a true Evo 3 will have a 60mm throttle body hole

The EVO3 intake manifold has a hole for PCCS, like the attached pic. and the inlet diameter is 60mm. The EVO2 intake manifold has the same design except the hole for PCCS.

Attachments

• Evo3 intake manifold.jpg
    Evo3 intake manifold.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 518
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back