The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Rusted Rocker Panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got any pictures of how bad the rust is?

No, I'm still in search of my first DSM. I'm checking out a couple online which the owners state "some rocker rust but not terrible." I need to find a car for $4,000 or under but doesn't need MAJOR repairs right away. If it needs engine work or tranny work I can only pay $1500 to $2000. One I'm looking at right now is $2000 but needs rocker work and tranny work.

There are quite a few cheap awd dsms up here for sale in your price range, all depends in what your looking for but you have to be careful with rust, some can be fixed and some cant, i just picked up a 97 gsx i drug up from mass with a bit of rust but every part on my car with rust can be removed and changed out. The rear rockers just behind the door are too expensive to change out as far as i know only seen it done twice once on a civic and again on a 2001 eclipse, the bills were ridiculous for the repairs, there is a 95 gsx on cl up here that is 1000 obo just needs some work. May be what your looking for but good luck to ya, would be nice to see more dsmrs up here

There are quite a few cheap awd dsms up here for sale in your price range, all depends in what your looking for but you have to be careful with rust, some can be fixed and some cant, i just picked up a 97 gsx i drug up from mass with a bit of rust but every part on my car with rust can be removed and changed out. The rear rockers just behind the door are too expensive to change out as far as i know only seen it done twice once on a civic and again on a 2001 eclipse, the bills were ridiculous for the repairs, there is a 95 gsx on cl up here that is 1000 obo just needs some work. May be what your looking for but good luck to ya, would be nice to see more dsmrs up here

I should maybe mention I'm looking for auto. Know of anyone that has had a shop fab something for this?

pain looks like it could use a little buffin but for 1000 who cares about paint? my damn car was plati dipped white and black LOL! if you have $4000 to spend on a new car and only spend $1000 that gives you plenty of money to do maintenance ,basic mods and some body work if you want. its a 18 year old car so i imagine the paint isn't in great shape but it does look to be factory paint job from the pictures, only one way to find out.

pain looks like it could use a little buffin but for 1000 who cares about paint? my damn car was plati dipped white and black LOL! if you have $4000 to spend on a new car and only spend $1000 that gives you plenty of money to do maintenance ,basic mods and some body work if you want. its a 18 year old car so i imagine the paint isn't in great shape but it does look to be factory paint job from the pictures, only one way to find out.

thanks ambush for your responses. I just sent you a friend request. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back