The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

running t28 without boost control

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crsj333

Probationary Member
Jan 29, 2003
Lincoln_NE
Does anyone know if it is safe to run a t28 without a boost controller? My brother's turbo is shot, so he bought a big t28. The t25 s already removed, but he neglected to get a boost gauge or controller first. i assume it would be fine if he puts the boost control selenoid back in but wanted to check first.

Thanks,
Chris

well stock you car comes with a boost controller that you cant really customize. so yes. you dont need an aftermarket one although theyre much better than the stock junker.

-mike:talon:

I'd buy a controller for that. It's a beast compaired to the t25. I'm running a t25 with no boost control and I'm pushing 16-17 psi.

Originally posted by truwarrior
I'd buy a controller for that. It's a beast compaired to the t25. I'm running a t25 with no boost control and I'm pushing 16-17 psi.

17 psi, no boost controller, sweet dude how r u duin that ????

I guess that's when the stock controller opens the wastegate. I wouldn't run more then 16 psi though. I'm kinda pushing it to it's limits. The boost dies off to about to 12 psi by redline though.

Thanks guys. He ordered a mbc yesterday with a boost gauge, it will just take a few days to get there and he's anxious to try out the new turbo.

Originally posted by WhiteCharisma
but the stock boost controller is set at 8psi max.. did u bypass something??

I nail 14-15psi and bleed down to 12psi every time I punch the gas. Its your BOV if your stock.

You could run a hose straight from the pressure source on the turbo to the wastegate actuator. This will give you the lowest boost setting possible. Should be 11 or 12lbs with a t28.

Thas sounds like a good idea, but it turns out that he did not get all of the gaskets he needs. He bought the exhaust manifold gasket set, and planned on using the old gasket for the O2 housing to the turbo. Any opinions as to who would have the best price for the turbo to O2 housing gasket? My local parts store dosen't sell them.

ur gonna have to go to the dealer or ur local performance shop, im sure they will make you one.......another way less expensive alternative go to the autoparts and get a tube of RED high temperature silicone it works wonders, and holds up to 500 degrees...

im gonna change my blowoff valve,i found this dude that can get me a type S for 100 bux!,is that a good deal or wut...do they have mounting flanges for the stock itercooler pipe???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back