The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

rotating assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2004
aiken, South_Carolina
ok, my seven bolt has finally began to show signs of crank walk, and i am lookin to upgrade. I have been looking into getting a rotating assembly, ie (crank, rods, bearings, and pistons) and am curious if i go to a seven bolt rotating assembly if i will still run the risk of getting crank walk again, or will this fix my issues. anyone have experience with this, any input would be greatly appreciated.
thanx

Well im building a 7 bolt for my car. It will be just fine. If you catch the crankwalk issue before it hurts the block then you are ok to rebuild it.

Well im building a 7 bolt for my car. It will be just fine. If you catch the crankwalk issue before it hurts the block then you are ok to rebuild it.

I agree, i am looking for 500+ out of my 7 bolt right now. i have faith in that engine, i dont care what people say about them!

As with any engine rebuild I replace the oil pump and gears.
If you are not eliminating the 2g Oil Jets, then replace all four with new OEM units.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back