The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A rod bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95eagledohc

Probationary Member
Oct 25, 2009
Glenburn, Maine
Hi im new here i just got a 95 eagle talon Esi that has a bad rod bearing just lookin for some help on what to do. Should i replace all 4 bearings or just the one that is bad.The end cap and the rod itself doesnt look bad neither does the crank wondering if i can polish it up and install a new bearing.The bearing looks more like it flatened outh than shred into peices The bearing on the left is the bad one the one on the right is an alright one. Thanx

picture

Attachments

• 000_1315.jpg
    000_1315.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 126
This is just a personal opinion, but i would go ahead and just replace them all, bearings don't cost that much and could save you a lot of headaches in the long run

Thanx for the replies no i dont have the crank out of the car i will try polishing with it in.Its not a car im going to sink a bunch of money into. Im going to replace all 4 of them and flush the motor out a few times to make sure i get some of the debris from the old bearing out. It had some pretty nasty oil in it

Attachments

• 000_1313_640x480.JPG
    000_1313_640x480.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 000_1314_320x240.JPG
    000_1314_320x240.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 158
im having problems i just got the bearings .when tring to put the cap and rod back together on the cylinder with the bad bearings there is alot of clearance when i tried tightening them the crank wouldnt move.The bearings on cylinder 1 fit perfect. is there something im missing do u guys think the crank is out of round or has been machined befor for a different size beaing this is pissin me off any help is greatly appreciated the caps are the same ones that came off :mad:

its weird if i switch rod caps and us cyl no.1 cap for num 4 it fits good but i take #4 cylinder cap and try it on 1 its tight it seems like #4 cap is tighter than #1 its weird seems like a different size bearing goes in it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back