The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Rice look?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walkin' Bear

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2011
smyrna, Tennessee
Ok so I'm new at this but I keep seeing stuff like don't go ricer or keep a stock look. I'm just curious what exactly is the ricer style. I myself want to put a good looking body kit on my car as well as a spoiler nothing retarded but I want more than a stock look. What else besides those things make it a ricer?

!HUGE DECALS! that say "Fast & The Furious", etc. Just keep it a stock look, lowered and aftermarket rims. Buy a "Honda" if you want a ricer! My $.02

I would say anything that just makes your car stick out like a sore thumb. Keep It Stupid Simple that's what I go by, nothing over the top but something that makes my car look clean.

I personally don't like body kits. However,

With that being said. It's your car. What anyone else says shouldn't matter. If it pleases you, then that's all that should matter to you.

Anything that screams look at me, especially without a performance benefit. Be it decals (especially for parts you don't have), body kits (that have no aero bennifit), fart cans (on N/A cars), huge wings (especially on FWD vehicles), or tow hooks (when you don't race on a track).

As mentioned, it is your car so you can do what you will with it, but don't expect to post about it here on a performance oriented site and get lots of approval.

Anything that screams look at me, especially without a performance benefit. Be it decals (especially for parts you don't have), body kits (that have no aero bennifit), fart cans (on N/A cars), huge wings (especially on FWD vehicles), or tow hooks (when you don't race on a track).

As mentioned, it is your car so y:Dou can do what you will with it, but don't expect to post about it here on a performance oriented site and get lots of approval.

I don't find decals to be ricer but that's because I have them on mine LOL but its parts that I have and support that's my only reason for me putting them onon and ithe like that lookI :hellyeah:. But I agree with the rest :thumb:

I don't find decals to be ricer but that's because I have them on mine LOL but its parts that I have and support that's my only reason for me them:hellyeah:. But I agree with the rest :thumb:

About 7-8 years ago I used to have a bunch of decals on the windows of parts that I actually had on the car but looking back, it was super ricey. Then I moved them all under the hood for several years. Now even those are gone. The only decals on my car now are Dsmtuners ones on the back quarter windows. To each there own though.

I personally like the stock clean look. Fresh paint, nice rims that aren't too big or chrome, lowered (not slammed), dark tint.

Well I like a good clean look to. I'm going to be doing a body kit an spoiler to give a diff look to the car but still staying close to the original look. The spoiler will be something more likely either off a gsx or gst or close to it. Reason I ask is cause Yes it is my car but I don't want to be laughed at by the same folks I respect on here cause of a rice looking eclipse. I'm already going to catch hell cause of the projects name but that's what my lady an I wanted to do. Sooo hopefully in a few weeks the purple people eater will be back on the road and my pocket preping for more funding toward her. Next phase will be tial wastegate upgrade, hahn port fueler, trip to dyno for a tune and specs oh an redoing the hot an Cool side of the intercooler.

Well I like a good clean look to. I'm going to be doing a body kit an spoiler to give a diff look to the car but still staying close to the original look. The spoiler will be something more likely either off a gsx or gst or close to it. Reason I ask is cause Yes it is my car but I don't want to be laughed at by the same folks I respect on here cause of a rice looking eclipse. I'm already going to catch hell cause of the projects name but that's what my lady an I wanted to do. Sooo hopefully in a few weeks the purple people eater will be back on the road and my pocket preping for more funding toward her. Next phase will be tial wastegate upgrade, hahn port fueler, trip to dyno for a tune and specs oh an redoing the hot an Cool side of the intercooler.

Pfft!, if you actually care about what people think about you and your car, then you should have gotten a Honda.

The People on this site are for the most part sheep, but don't take that as an insult. Sometimes being sheep works, no need to reinvent the wheel all the time.

examples of this are...

All 2g's should look stock, and in 2gb style, slightly lowered with the High style wing.

If you own an N/T you should sell it and buy a gst/gsx, forget about performance.

E3 16g is the best turbo evar! (even though I have a stock one, and everyone says it is.)

Etc, Etc, Etc.

There is plenty of worth while, and intelligent information on this site, the Wisemen, and Mods were well chosen. They keep it that way.

It comes down to one thing, your car, your money, your blood, sweat, and time. Do what you want without giving a second thought to what people are gonna say.

I'm in process of Kitting, I run a Staggered 19" wheel set up (GASP!) on a GSX, and when I'm done I'll be happy.

BTW, If it's money, it should be spent on Performance Form<Function otherwise it's RICE.

O I have much more to give toward performance before I can dream of that silly stuff. I just kept seeing stuff bout ricer stuff and wanted to ask.

My .02 are with what most people think. 2g stock looks look very sexy, especially the 2gb look, which is why I converted. But like already mentioned, it's your car, do what you want with it. After all, all I do when I see a very riced up DSM is :ohdamn: and :toobad:. Only when I see guys with their fast and furious car without the "fast"ROFL. Just make sure you paint your body kit same color as body, they usually look pretty good.:thumb:

Pfft!, if you actually care about what people think about you and your car, then you should have gotten a Honda.

The People on this site are for the most part sheep, but don't take that as an insult. Sometimes being sheep works, no need to reinvent the wheel all the time.

examples of this are...

All 2g's should look stock, and in 2gb style, slightly lowered with the High style wing.

If you own an N/T you should sell it and buy a gst/gsx, forget about performance.

E3 16g is the best turbo evar! (even though I have a stock one, and everyone says it is.)

Etc, Etc, Etc.

There is plenty of worth while, and intelligent information on this site, the Wisemen, and Mods were well chosen. They keep it that way.

It comes down to one thing, your car, your money, your blood, sweat, and time. Do what you want without giving a second thought to what people are gonna say.

I'm in process of Kitting, I run a Staggered 19" wheel set up (GASP!) on a GSX, and when I'm done I'll be happy.

BTW, If it's money, it should be spent on Performance Form<Function otherwise it's RICE.

Omg I agree with this entire thing 100%. Some people on this site got their ego's so far up there butts its ridiculous. These people who attempt to force or pass on their opinions to others like its the word of some God gets a personal /facepalm. To me they just have some sort of ego complex or need to feel superior to others and I personally ignore those people because if someone isn't doing the following :

A) buying the naming rights to dsm so they can truly imply there egotistical meaning to the brand
B) buying me a new car or one similar
C)buying me those performance parts; to make me :cool: and apart of this elite society

Then I can give a rat ass about what they think because Im here on this site for the experience and knowledge not someone's personal view points and opinions. /end rant.

With that said do what you like with the car just don't go crazy overboard with visuals and stuff and you should be fine.

Thanks for the info yall. Again I know its mine an do as I will. I will do that I just wanted an outside opinion on it from my view I don't see my plan as a ricer and like I said its going to be a while before I go into the looks. I just wanted to know what others thought just so I could make sure that I was not doing something dumb and thinking it would be good I'm still firm in what I thought of the whole issue as before I started this thread. That's what I wanted to. I know I bought this car instead of a Honda because I don't want to be a rice burner I wanted more but I also want more than a stock look I want a more aggressive look but I don't want the car to scream at folks neither. I want that look like damn is that factory or is that after market either way looks good. Not wow a ricer LOL.

Now this is a clean 2g with a bodykit!!

Attachments

• img_0346croppedc20.jpg
    img_0346croppedc20.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 118
You have show cars and you have go cars. Sometimes you find one that has a little of both. If you like the way it looks than go for it, besides your the one thats gonna be driving it :thumb:

See I like that bidy kit that is similar to what I like. I will be keeping the stock color but going to repaint it to update the paint but that's another day right bout time of getting motor to where I want it

You have show cars and you have go cars. Sometimes you find one that has a little of both. If you like the way it looks than go for it, besides your the one thats gonna be driving it :thumb:

haha....well said! =)

I really like some of the wide body kits but these cars are so nicely done simple & with nice rims & rubber. I don't think you can screw em up unless you are having a midlife crisis and go way overboard....LOL

I love my car <3 Is that shallow? LOL

That being said, do your car up anyway that makes you smile! =)

I had a body kit on my first 1g and loved it. People always gave it looks and I had fun driving it. Over time it got boring and just sat in my garage until I sold it. Now I don't care what it looks like as long as it runs hard and fast. I now have a 1g gsx that is modded. It is all up to the person who is driving it. Take it from personal exprerience body kits aren't all bad. But the downfall is that they are annoying to drive with, especially over speedbumps and pulling in and out of steep roads/driveways. It is all up to you and what you want out of the car. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back