The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Operation De-Rice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car_guy_09

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2007
Wilmington, Ohio
Well i got tired of my riced out interior, So over the past few days i have ripped out most of the interior and repainted it all. Im not done yet but i have fried most of the rice..ROFL

When i bought the car.....
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

After today...

The top is all black....Bottom is a smoke gray. I first did all black but thought it was to plain so I added a little live to it,And im happy with the results. Plus chances are, Im not going to see another DSM with the same interior (which is what this project is all about:shhh:). So what does everybody think?? :talon::dsm::laser:

Looks much better than the original. What kind of paint did you use? Do you have any close ups of a painted panel outside the car?

Looks a lot better, is the dash black and the doors still gray or just look that way? How wast the dash painting, and what did you use, i was thinking of doing this someday.

Edit: Just saw that your not done yet. Lookin good so far though!

Looks much better than the original. What kind of paint did you use? Do you have any close ups of a painted panel outside the car?

I used duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint (flat black) for the dash, And krylon (for plastic) flat black on the center console, The bottom panels where painted with krylon (for plastic) satin grey, And all the bezels are krylon (for plastic) satin black. And what do you mean a painted panel outside the car? I will take one tomorrow just let more know more what you wanna see :thumb:

Looks a lot better, is the dash black and the doors still gray or just look that way? How wast the dash painting, and what did you use, i was thinking of doing this someday.

Edit: Just saw that your not done yet. Lookin good so far though!

Yea im going to pick up some GST/GSX door panels and paint em black, And do a power window conversion. :rocks: Painting the dash wasn't too bad, Allot easier than i thought it would be. Just make sure you have somebody help you take it out, I did mine 100% by my self and i swear if it ever comes back out im going to have a friend lined up ahead of time LOL

DAMN! Nice progress, that's for sure. When I saw the first pic, first thing that came to my mind was a racing cockpit fresh out of Playstation 1. My bad, but it must have been the nastiest interior I have seen yet from any DSM (but I bet i'll see worse).

Then after seeing the second pic, way better! Looks better than your average DSM interior guranteed. Sure, i'll admit it now looks like something out of Super Nintendo (it has the SNES colors too, LOL), but like u said... Your not done with it, so i'll say your about a little more than half way out the rice, I can't wait to see how it looks when your done. Good luck! :thumb:

DAMN! Nice progress, that's for sure. When I saw the first pic, first thing that came to my mind was a racing cockpit fresh out of Playstation 1. My bad, but it must have been the nastiest interior I have seen yet from any DSM (but I bet i'll see worse).

Then after seeing the second pic, way better! Looks better than your average DSM interior guranteed. Sure, i'll admit it now looks like something out of Super Nintendo (it has the SNES colors too, LOL), but like u said... Your not done with it, so i'll say your about a little more than half way out the rice, I can't wait to see how it looks when your done. Good luck! :thumb:

Oh i know it was REALLY BAD...But Thanks for the complement..I have ALLOT of plans in my head for this car, So keep an eye out for it...

I hope those buttons on the steering wheel actually does something...and not to just honk your horn.

Funny you said that....When i got the car i was wondering that...so i push them...nothing happens...I take it off and their not even hooked to anything...I was like WTFWTFWTF. But its gone too, Im either going to go with a stock one or at least a clean after market one with no "fast and furious nos buttons" ROFL

I will be throwin in some black leather racing seats once my funds permit :p

Sparco Milano Prestige? If I had no interest in going to the track I would definitely get these for my car. Super nice. Sparco goes to bed at night with the Fiat Corporation [Maserati, Ferrari, etc...], so you know they are good. They are definitely something to save your money for, because those are worth it!
Sparco USA

Sparco Milano Prestige? If I had no interest in going to the track I would definitely get these for my car. Super nice. Sparco goes to bed at night with the Fiat Corporation [Maserati, Ferrari, etc...], so you know they are good. They are definitely something to save your money for, because those are worth it!
Sparco USA

Those are awesome...Just not for a poor 15 year old :p

Funny you said that....When i got the car i was wondering that...so i push them...nothing happens...I take it off and their not even hooked to anything...I was like WTFWTFWTF. But its gone too, Im either going to go with a stock one or at least a clean after market one with no "fast and furious nos buttons" ROFL

Id say get a evo steering wheel, since it has an airbag, looks better than stock, but still kicks ass. They are so damn expensive though.

Everything is looking good, keep saving that car one day at a time!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back