The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

[RESOLVED] Users of the turbonetics t3t4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you just waited and got the specs before replying after here, you would have not gotten any "tough" responses. You're basically asking I have an fp turbo will it be right for me?" Or "I have a td05h turbo will it be right for me?" I'm still at a loss as to why you're so offended when you give out ".57 a/r" as a spec on a t-netics turbo. And say it looks like a 50-trim and do not realize there alot more to a turbo than compressor. Some 50-trim turbos are NOT an upgrade to the evo3 16g. and the 50-trim, 57 trim 60trim all look very similar and in an E cover not a t04b cover, though you said this is a to4b???

. . . For everyone else to know. Calling a turbo by it's trim indicates the compressor wheel. But says nothing for the turbine and you could have a turbo that will never see what the compressor can deliver because of a fast spooling clammy turbine. Saying t3/t4 is like saying td05h. The 14b is a td05h and so is the evo3 16g. What a difference in flow potential.

T3 Area/radius (a/r) : .48, .63, .82 are the most common. The less common ones are larger. Not .57 a/r.

Resolved

I have not even given you guys specs on wheels cause it doesent matter anyway.
Right on.

A T25 makes the same airflow as a GT42R, correct? :rolleyes:

....but it's nice to know that if I want an opinion on subject #1 I can get lot's of non-related topic responses and immature replies. Thanks guys, it's been fun.
Vague questions get vague answers, or at least what you think is a vague answer.

We're trying to tell you Turbonetics doesn't make a .57 a/r T3-flanged turbine housing (hotside), yet you're insisting that they do. I've rebuilt a decent amount of Turbonetics turbos in my day, none have had this housing on them. I'd love to see some pics or even text of where this housing is described or tested.

Come back with some specifics and we'll be able to help you further....until then, bolt whatever you want to your manifold since wheel size doesn't matter, and just keep thinking that bigger is always better. I'm sure your next thread will be titled "I put a T3/T4 turbo on my car and it got slower?".

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back