The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[RESOLVED] Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate Bolts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992awdlaser

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2004
Wallace, North_Carolina
I can not find bolts for my wastegate where the dump tube connects to. They are M8x1.5. I can't find them anywhere in person or on the internet. I can't even find a die that size to cut new threads in a similar bolt. Has anybody else had this problem? Where did you find the bolts? I don't want to drill the holes out.

Double check the bolt size. Are you sure it isn't M8x1.25 or M10x1.5?

Positive. I was using a thread chasing tap to measure the size. I tried using my thread chasing die to make new threads in some M8x1.25 bolts. But it won't cut them since it is just made to clean threads of the particular size of the die.

Have you tried calling Turbonetics to see if they'll sell it to you.

I looked as well and all I could find was the nut from a BMW motorcycle dealer. Found plenty of taps and even a 100+ tap-n-die set (over $200), but the only single die was a left-hand thread.

Have you tried calling Turbonetics to see if they'll sell it to you.

I emailed them first and they didn't respond so I called. The guy I talked to didn't know where to get any for it. I might call back and talk to somebody else.

I contacted ARP to see if they had anything, they don't. They said they can custom make them and "The cost to custom make bolts is usually a minimum of a few hundred dollars."

5/16th-18 tap fits fine. So, apparently that and M8-1.5 are pretty close, if not, the same size.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back