The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

( RESOLVED )small 16g spool up time and stock torque conveter spool up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerAWD

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2009
Spanaway, Washington
1g awd auto Eclipse 79,000

mods
manual ecu
stock auto fpr
550 injectors
2g mass
safc neo
logger
190 rewired
small 16g (17psi)
stock intercooler
DIY cold air
3inch straight pipe with resonator
stock 02 houseing unported
stock cams

alright if i have the car in second @3000 and floor it it takes the car to 4500 to hit 17psi feels alot slower then when i had my manual with this turbo

also i can not power brake at all i might get lucky to hit 4psi after like 10 secs so i dont power brake anymore tried a couple times
i only gained 1mph in the quarter mile with the bigger turbo and lost my 60ft now my car is slower in the quarter:ohdamn:

anything would help thanks man

Last edited:
Make sure the wastegate flapper is closed 100%. By this I mean disconnect the actuator from the flapper lever and try to close the flapper lever beyond what the actuator would allow.

Sounds to me like your wastegate isn't sealing properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright ill do the seafoam trick, also ill check my wastegate it happened to be before on my manual with the 14b, i took out my stock bmc and didnt see a change other then it spikes more, i'm boosting at 14psi and when it shifts spikes to 17psi

I just refell in love with my car agian, it was my wastegate open a littttttttle bit i just pot washers on the wastegate and forced it closed tight i hit full spool on the small 16g at 3500 @ 17psi now and brake boosting i hit 17psi in under 4 secs and when i let off i can burn through first in the wet and in the dry and get all the wheels spinng for a little while my 60' is better then it was its at 1.6 and quarter miles says 12.8 from whay dyno master says on my phone it goes by gps thanks guy, even spools faster then my 13g did for some reason, thing was crap away way

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back