The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

[RESOLVED] PTE 5031RE BB shaft play? (with pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the update! I am the same way with not liking dead end threads where the resolve is never posted. BB turbos were just making there way on the scene back when i took that aprenticeship, so i'm not too well versed on them as far as the knowledge of the inner workings or rebuild compatibility, so i learned something from this as well. I was just going from general knowledge info about turbocharger limits on wear and play.

I was a little confused abotu the part with it spinning with pressure to one side and then being sluggish when pushed the other, but i guess i can see how the bearing could be worn causing this.

Thats great that there repairing it under warranty Osman, but I think the more important question would be, did they tell you what may have been the source of the problem, as you don't want this happening again next year when the repair would come out of your pocket. Did you veryify what they recommend for the oil feed & would it maybe be better to runn off the head with an inline filter?

Yeah turboglen, likewise. I just like to see resolutions to every thread if possible you know.

Daren, Matt at PTE is going to send me a sheet with what a BB turbo requires as far as oil supply goes. I am assuming its going to be a chart of some sort. I talked to him on the phone and told him where I took the oil supply from. The OFH as we all know can push up to 90 psi plus of oil pressure so he said thats most likely where the problem stemmed from. Other then that, he said the turbo was in great shape and he reconditioned everything as well.

Its going to Ziggy first and then I will pick it up from him so once I get the shippment, I'll try my best in posting up the sheet he is sending me. It can be a great reference for all BB CHRA users.

I'll give u guys an update about the reference sheet once I get the shippment.

Regards,
Osman

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back