The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostedjesus

Probationary Member
Mar 5, 2020
Paso Robles, California
So I've been battling a fuel pressure drop for a while, I finally started going thru items to test and check and I finally got it resolved!

i started by logging fuel pressure with link thru the factory MDP plug. Just a eBay 0-100psi sensor.

Replaced/tested:
-changed my walbro 450 to a walbro 525 without check valve
-did the fuel siphon mod (2g gsx) 1/8” drill bit
-6an bulkhead fitting with -6an line with adapter to oem hard line.
-tested the diaphragm on the afpr and opened it up and cleaned it.
-redid vacuum line straight from manifold to afpr
-replaced the relay for the rewire kit

And after everything i was still having a fuel pressure drop in boost. I finally decided to check my (aeromotive) fuel filter and it was a paper style and was old/dirty so i ordered a replacement micro glass filter cartridge and instantly my fuel base pressure climbed and no more fuel pressure loss in boost.

So before going thru the headache of running a bulkhead and all the other little things, everything check your fuel filter first.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back