1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

[resolved] Fuel pressure drop in boost

Posted by Boostedjesus, Sep 25, 2020

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. Boostedjesus

Boostedjesus Probationary Member

Joined Mar 5, 2020
    Paso Robles, California
    So ive been battling a fuel pressure drop for a while, I finally started going thru items to test and check and I finally got it resolved!

i started by logging fuel pressure with link thru the factory MDP plug. Just a ebay 0-100psi sensor.

Replaced/tested:
    -changed my walbro 450 to a walbro 525 without check valve
    -did the fuel siphon mod(2g gsx) 1/8” drill bit
    -6an bulk head fitting with -6an line with adapter to oem hard line.
    -tested the diaphragm on the afpr and opened it up and cleaned it.
    -redid vacuum line straight from manifold to afpr
    -replaced the relay for the rewire kit

and after everything i was still having a fuel pressure drop in boost. I finally decided to check my (aeromotive) fuel filter and it was a paper style and was old/dirty so i ordered a replacement micro glass filter cartridge and instantly my fuel base pressure climbed and no more fuel pressure loss in boost. So before going thru the headache of running a bulk head all the other little things everything check your fuel filter first.

Attached Files:

Street Build 276  5

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM