The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

[RESOLVED] Door panel clips

BowlerDo0d

Probationary Member
Dec 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Ok I've searched over and over for this with no answers yet...

I removed my door panel by removing all the screws, and popping out all those little clips (naturally). The plastic clips I did find and bought new ones (that are not smashed), however, anyone know where I can get the square plastic nuts that go into the door for the placement of the screws? Most of the ones I had either broke out or are completely stripped and useless, but I can't find these anywhere that will fit! Tried local parts stores and the only ones available are too small. any ideas?

kenamond

DSM Wiseman
Feb 15, 2006
Los Alamos, New_Mexico
You might also try your local Mitsu/Chrysler dealership. You don't list a car in your profile, so I don't know if you're talking about 1g or 2g. Might also search the forums...I'm pretty sure the Sebring/Avenger interior is the same as 2g Talon/Eclipse. If so, ask the Chrysler/Dodge guys for those parts and you might luck out. But this assumes you have a 2g and assumes my vague recollection about interiors is correct.

BowlerDo0d

Probationary Member
Dec 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
yes i have a 2g. guess i'll get to updating my profile now! :)

turbosax2

Nov 19, 2006
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Mitsubishi part numbers:
67495c - Mr206514
67495 - Mb692947

untitled.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

95CarbonEclipse

Proven Member
Sep 16, 2005
Yakima, Washington
I'm pretty sure TurboSax is right (and you too Kenamond). The red plastic push clips do just go through a hole in the door. The screws are what actually screw into those plastic mounted pieces.

BowlerDo0d

Probationary Member
Dec 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I re-read his original post, and I'm a moron.:D

No one said that! But it's cool. I found a place to get replacement (not necessarily red) clips and yes they do go into the door. Napa gave me some type of plastic clip but the initial ones I received are a bit too small. Didn't try going back for different ones just yet.

kenamond

DSM Wiseman
Feb 15, 2006
Los Alamos, New_Mexico
No one said that! But it's cool. I found a place to get replacement (not necessarily red) clips and yes they do go into the door. Napa gave me some type of plastic clip but the initial ones I received are a bit too small. Didn't try going back for different ones just yet.

I'm just being humble.;)

Now drop everything and fill out your profile.:)

turbosax2

Nov 19, 2006
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Just in case you need it, the Mitsu part number for the plastic clips is MB608104. And they're yellow.

eligst21

Proven Member
Dec 13, 2010
Chico, California
I was planning on removing my door panel to hook up the speakers, but if I do, will I need to replace the parts OP is replacing? Or can I just reattach everything?

if you unscew and pop everything out correctly without having to use much force, then you should be able to reattach the door without buying those pieces. i take my door off all the time and never break those. just must have been a mishap and op accidently broke those.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds