The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

door panel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstkl

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
SoCal, California
ok i know that this has probably been asked before, but i searched and could not find the answer... how do you take off your door panel....

more specificly... after unscrewing the three screws in the front of the door panel and un "clamping" the upper part of the door panel by the window, what do i do... because the damn thing wont come off... and im thinking it has something to do with that black peice of plastic that surrounds the door locks/power window buttons...

damn.... that could have saved me a lot of time, cuz i searched a few days ago and didnt make this thread til today... from now on my search will not end until i come up victorious... LOL..

tstkl said:
damn.... that could have saved me a lot of time, cuz i searched a few days ago and didnt make this thread til today... from now on my search will not end until i come up victorious... LOL..
and if not, Ill be here to find the answer :thumb: ROFL

ok so now that i got the panel off and replaced my speaker, the new one doesnt work... but im thinking its not the speaker, because:
i took off the panel, disconnected the power side veiw mirror harness thats on the door panel and the power windows harness on the door panel, and then i put the keys in for i forgot why, and was like, hey im going to listen to the speakers for no apparent reason, (the stock ones) and the stock one didnt work, and i figured it was the harnesses that i unplugged because i wasnt thinking, then i replaced the speakers, and the new one doesnt work with those harnesses in (surprise surprise).... any ideas before i go back out there and start re routing new wire for that speaker... the pass side speaker works...

just realised, if this helps at all, the drivers side dash speaker works..... just the drivers door speaker doesnt...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back