The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

[RESOLVED] Door panel clips

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BowlerDo0d

Probationary Member
Dec 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Ok I've searched over and over for this with no answers yet...

I removed my door panel by removing all the screws, and popping out all those little clips (naturally). The plastic clips I did find and bought new ones (that are not smashed), however, anyone know where I can get the square plastic nuts that go into the door for the placement of the screws? Most of the ones I had either broke out or are completely stripped and useless, but I can't find these anywhere that will fit! Tried local parts stores and the only ones available are too small. any ideas?

You might also try your local Mitsu/Chrysler dealership. You don't list a car in your profile, so I don't know if you're talking about 1g or 2g. Might also search the forums...I'm pretty sure the Sebring/Avenger interior is the same as 2g Talon/Eclipse. If so, ask the Chrysler/Dodge guys for those parts and you might luck out. But this assumes you have a 2g and assumes my vague recollection about interiors is correct.

yes i have a 2g. guess i'll get to updating my profile now! :)

Mitsubishi part numbers:
67495c - Mr206514
67495 - Mb692947

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitsubishi part numbers:
67495c - Mr206514
67495 - Mb692947

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I think he's talking about the plastic "acceptors" for the red door clips that you have to pop in/out *after* removing the screws. I always thought the clips just popped through a hole in the door...never looked carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure TurboSax is right (and you too Kenamond). The red plastic push clips do just go through a hole in the door. The screws are what actually screw into those plastic mounted pieces.

I re-read his original post, and I'm a moron.:D

No one said that! But it's cool. I found a place to get replacement (not necessarily red) clips and yes they do go into the door. Napa gave me some type of plastic clip but the initial ones I received are a bit too small. Didn't try going back for different ones just yet.

No one said that! But it's cool. I found a place to get replacement (not necessarily red) clips and yes they do go into the door. Napa gave me some type of plastic clip but the initial ones I received are a bit too small. Didn't try going back for different ones just yet.

I'm just being humble.;)

Now drop everything and fill out your profile.:)

Just in case you need it, the Mitsu part number for the plastic clips is MB608104. And they're yellow.

I was planning on removing my door panel to hook up the speakers, but if I do, will I need to replace the parts OP is replacing? Or can I just reattach everything?

if you unscew and pop everything out correctly without having to use much force, then you should be able to reattach the door without buying those pieces. i take my door off all the time and never break those. just must have been a mishap and op accidently broke those.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back