The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Replaced clutch pedal & clutch pedal lever, what now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anomoly#5

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2003
Tacoma, Washington
Clutch wasnt disengaging and there was "Free play" in the clutch pedal, the pedal assembly was worn so replaced with new oem Mitsu clutch pedal and clutch pedal lever or "pushrod". I made the appropriate adjustments and the cltuch disengaged like normal and the problem seemed fixed.. but after 2 days of driving it came back and now there's free play again but not nearly as much.. only about 1/2 inch if that.. before it was like 2 inches or more. So I assume that its the clutch master cylinder.. it leak's faintly if I could call it leaking.. any Ideas? Sorry if the symptoms seems vague or anything, im just tired and I have a headache from being under the dash upside down for hours.. heehe.. pz :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

its leaking? then fix it too..u sure its brake fluid,wipe it off and check it again if its leaking after a drive...if its leaking,fix it while ur at it...doesnt make sense to start a job twice..

Raph said:
its leaking? then fix it too..u sure its brake fluid,wipe it off and check it again if its leaking after a drive...if its leaking,fix it while ur at it...doesnt make sense to start a job twice..

umm... yeah.
Well... when you have problems engaging/disengaging the clutch it can be a couple of things, but the tell tale symptom for wear in the clutch pedal assembly itself is "freeplay" in the clutch pedal. This is when you press it down to the floor then ease off the pedal slowly and then put your foot behind it and see if you can push it up any further. that is assuming you already 14mm adjustment nut backed all the way out. However if you can push it up then your assembly is worn and you need to replace it with new units. So upon dissassmbly i noticed a "FAINT" trace of brake fluid on the rubber boot that the clutch master cylinder rod comes out of, and when I say faint I mean like a spatter, if that.."sorry for not specifying my meaning of "FAINT" Raph, so with all the money I had invested in the parts, I am out of funds. So after assesing the severity of the "FAINT" trace of brake fluid on the clutch master cylinder boot I resumed the process of installation of the new assembly. either way what would I have to loose? Im broke and if this fix's it which it should.. than sweet... but if not .. oh well I'll have to save up some money to replace the clutch master cylinder.. tough.. am I wrong because I installed the new parts that should fix the problem.. although I found that the CMC had a "FAINT" trace of brake fluid on it.. I found that it may not be the culprit and went ahead to address my problem.. now that the problem has come back I can assume that yes it may be the CMC but could it be something else? the slave cylinder? which is why I have made this post. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back