The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

rear tires spinning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboAnything

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 6, 2004
Carol Stream, Illinois
Well i just tried to do a brake torque launch in my auto 1g. As the boost came up it started spinning the rear tires and every time after it did the same thing. the ground here is icy but i still think it should not do that?

If you are on ice, The tires WILL spin. If you mean you can hold your foot on the brake and start spinning only the rear tires, Then I think you have some serious issues to look into.

That is a very odd problem. They are most likely spinning because when power braking it almost all of the brake pressure is in the front. That coupled with being on ice will let the tires spin some. That essentially is how the Viscous Coupling works. If it does it on dry payment then I would be worried.

This happens to people who brake boost auto's. I would think on a launch at a track it wouln't do it unless you build 15psi or higher. It's not good for the vcu, or center diff.

Thanks guys that explains it. After some research i found this out as well. I still have a bad pump seal and i did not want to fix it if the trans was bad.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back