The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

rear end clunking sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nastyleak

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
When I hit bumps there is a clunk sound that comes from the area near the rear shock towers. Who has fixed this and what was the source of the noise?

Most likely either bad shocks or bad mounts. I've done them twice on mine and both times it sounded like someone hitting the shock tower with a ball peen hammer....

It could be a number of things. I've had a similar issue with my car and it ended up being an upper control arm (bushings dry-rotted). I would check all your components and verify everything is in good shape.

Have u recently changed the suspension?

I had a similar issue with a clunking sound coming from the back of one of my cars turned out my rear diff was missing a bolt

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back