1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Rear balance shaft delete

Posted by tsiawd90, Apr 23, 2019

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. tsiawd90

tsiawd90 Supporting Member

Joined Nov 16, 2017
    Houston, Texas
    Is this all that is needed to remove the rear shaft? Image below. STM didnt ship the bearings. I wasnt sure if they were needed for only the rear.

Attached Files:

2. dustyboner

dustyboner DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    23.JPG

to get rid of both shafts, i always got a plug, a stub and 2 bearings.
    The 2 bearing are for the front shaft.
    On the rear shaft, there is no oil hole that needs to be blocked so you don't even need to mess with the bearing

3. tsiawd90

tsiawd90 Supporting Member

Joined Nov 16, 2017
    Houston, Texas
    Thank you for the reply and diagram. I was planning to only do the rear as the engine is staying in the car. I will install the stub and leave the front shaft installed. Where do I install the plug that is in the package?

4. dustyboner

dustyboner DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico

plug goes here. I just JB welded the hole shut on this one instead of the plug
    DSC03768.JPG

:aha:VFAQ

:ohdamn: damn i should have just directed you to the VFAQ write up to begin with. I totally spaced it.

Check out this link. Its the best source for the info you need.:thumb:
    http://vfaq.com/mods/balance-shafts.html

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2019