The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G oil leak after balance shaft delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John DeCampli

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2011
ellwood city, Pennsylvania
i did a balance shaft delete on my 98 gsx last week after one spun a bearing also lost a quart of oil, which while driving and new gaskets still is spraying oil could the balance shaft jumping around ruined my oil pump and make it so it leaks? - looks to be coming from around oil pump not positive

It's a possibility, did you replace the crankshaft seal?

i have the gaskets and seals going to replace today didn't before since they couldn't get them in for a week, but can the oil pump leak or does it have to be a seal i just don't want to spend 200 unless i have to and don't want to have to take it apart again

Deleting your balance shafts causes your oil pressure to raise, so any seal that was on it's way out would probably end up finally blowing out after the install.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back