The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Re-Freshing Built engine and NEED Guidence...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rny62999

Probationary Member
Aug 29, 2017
Lawrenceville, Georgia
What' s up DSM Team. I've been working my Mirage finally and went through pulling the head and next the block to clear the previous owner issues off the table once and for all versus a popup here and there issues we've ALL gone through.

Head is just about completely apart minus the valve seals. I'll be taking the head to get a complete look over at a great local machine shop but just trying to get supplies if needed prior my visit(REPLACEMENT VALVES?). I found the I/E valves on #1 cylinder are different than the other 3 Im not sure if this would cause an issue but need to get it out there so I can sleep right. I'm guessing it isn't good( ABSOLUTE ASSUMPTION HERE--->) due to the weight of the other valves being a little heavier causing and imbalance in the rotating assembly.The others are SS Nitride coated/Upgraded and match. I'm hoping someone can identify or know how to identify which valves (Brian Crower???) have so i can get replacements, If needed of course.
Some photos are on my build thread page but haven't really had any luck with my post there thus here it is.I'm hoping these pics help. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Pics are as follow I stock?,E stock?,I upgrade?, E upgrade?
34mm Intakes/30.5mm Exhaust Measured Diameter
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

6T's are stockers. You can eliminate SuperTech Nitride valves as they are nitrided all of the way up the stem so they are all black. Just installed a set in one of my heads.
Someone may have bent a couple of the aftermarket valves and had some stockers laying around so replaced them with those is my assumption.

6T's are stockers. You can eliminate SuperTech Nitride valves as they are nitrided all of the way up the stem so they are all black. Just installed a set in one of my heads.
Someone may have bent a couple of the aftermarket valves and had some stockers laying around so replaced them with those is my assumption.
Yeah I guessed the same. Just wondering if I should try finding the matching aftermarket ones instead of a full swap out. Let alone if its even a possibility being the head was done a few years ago.

What' s up DSM Team. I've been working my Mirage finally and went through pulling the head and next the block to clear the previous owner issues off the table once and for all versus a popup here and there issues we've ALL gone through.

Head is just about completely apart minus the valve seals. I'll be taking the head to get a complete look over at a great local machine shop but just trying to get supplies if needed prior my visit(REPLACEMENT VALVES?). I found the I/E valves on #1 cylinder are different than the other 3 Im not sure if this would cause an issue but need to get it out there so I can sleep right. I'm guessing it isn't good( ABSOLUTE ASSUMPTION HERE--->) due to the weight of the other valves being a little heavier causing and imbalance in the rotating assembly.The others are SS Nitride coated/Upgraded and match. I'm hoping someone can identify or know how to identify which valves (Brian Crower???) have so i can get replacements, If needed of course.
Some photos are on my build thread page but haven't really had any luck with my post there thus here it is.I'm hoping these pics help. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Pics are as follow I stock?,E stock?,I upgrade?, E upgrade?
34mm Intakes/30.5mm Exhaust Measured Diameter
Valves are not part of the "rotating assembly."

No they are not but would the stock valves being only on one cylinder affect the camshaft above "rotating assembly".
No. You wouldn't notice they are stock until you're at the point where you need non stock valves. High RPM, High lift, spring rate etc. Depends on what you're doing here. If you're concerned change them. Whether or not you need new valves will depend on application.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back