The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Random dead injector

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbomannia

Probationary Member
Aug 5, 2019
Fort Wayne, Indiana
While driving my talon it will be a hit or miss issue. Sometimes the car will pull like a freight train and other times you will be driving and then it will lose a cylinder just dead as if you pulled the plug wire off. Here is where it gets weird, while moving or stopped when it does this if you cycle the key it will be back running perfect on all 4. I have done a little digging and the one time it did it while I was stopped I found the the number 2 injector was not pulsing. Any ideas as to what's going on?

the 2 fail-safes i marked below will stop an injector from firing

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I would borrow a PTU and test it in the car to see if it still happens. The CAS gets involved here too but I have never heard of it just killing a cylinder then coming back.

Wiggling is what I did when I had this problem. Found cylinder 4 had a break in the harness along the fuel rail. I replaced that section of wire and a month later cylinder 3 had the same problem. I took the opportunity to replace everything up there and upgrade to Denso connectors so I didn't need adapters for my EV14 injectors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back