The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Injector randomly stops

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattUnderwood

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 19, 2009
Harrisonburg, Virginia
First let me say that I checked other threads and nothing really matched up with my problem: I have precision 1000cc injectors and they used to run PERFECT, but last week when we put my transmission in, afterwards every once in a while(about 2 times a day) the 2nd injector going from passenger side to drivers seems to come unplugged. I've figured it was that one by basically feeling the connector on it, and plugging it back in. Does anyone know why it can randomly come unplugged or anything of the sort. The connector is still on the injector, but its not all the way on it seems. I'm trying to tune my car now without my intake and every time I try and go WOT it will hesitate and at other times too. Any suggestions?
-Matt

Do you have clips on all the connectors? Are you sure the wire isn't broken or damaged? Is the wire securely in the terminal end on the connector? If you can answer yes to all these questions I don't see why it would come off. If you are missing a clip on that connector, then that is most likely your problem. You may be able to rig it with something like a zip tie if it has a good connection and is just having a problem staying plugged in at the connector to get you by for the moment though. Good luck:thumb:

This is one of those things that I have never really paid much attention too until now. Don't the injectors come with metal clips that keeps them connected? And I'm not sure if the wire is good or not as well, I gotta go and do deeper researching today, I just was confused last night at like 11pm. I'm getting tired of having to deal with the injector or whatever it may be, I just want to be able to finally fully tune my car and not have anything else go wrong. Thanks for your help

The injectors are not the part with the metal clips. The metal clips are part of the connector which attaches to the injector. If you are missing those it will allow the connector to come right off the injector like you're describing.

Do you have clips on all the connectors? Are you sure the wire isn't broken or damaged? Is the wire securely in the terminal end on the connector? If you can answer yes to all these questions I don't see why it would come off. If you are missing a clip on that connector, then that is most likely your problem. You may be able to rig it with something like a zip tie if it has a good connection and is just having a problem staying plugged in at the connector to get you by for the moment though. Good luck:thumb:

+1 for using a zip tie for a temporary solution. Go raid a junk yard or call a local fuel injector shop to inquire if they have anything in stock that will work.

Good Luck

Yeah, you probably are.:toobad: They break off easily since the only thing that holds them on is the plastic connector and we all know how brittle plastic can become with the underhood temps over time. Like I said, you may be able to wrap a ziptie around the connector and down under the injector/fuel rail to keep it in its place. I have one of mine missing the clip too if it makes you feel any better.:p

Thanks for the help I'm gonna go check now, and I have a 92 that I'm using as a parts car so I'll look for a clip. Hopefully that fixes my problem. ANd yeah you made me feel better by me not being the only one without a metal clip haha.

EDIT: I went and looked at my parts car and not a single one had the metal paper clip wanna be clip inside on it. I believe my clip itself was bad, because I cut one from the other car and spliced it into my car and the car seems to be running just fine now even under WOT. Now its time to find out where my vacuum leak(s) are and stop the damn idle surging. THANKS SO MUCH GUYS

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back