The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ran a 17.9 at the track got somequestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran a 17.9 at the track and i was woundering if thats right i got an apexi n1 exhaust, aem cold air intake, greedy 4-1 header and its auto tranny just woundering???

well yes and no depends on a lot of things. do you have your time slip you can post up? miles on engine?

i have a friend with an all stock n/a eclipse and it ran solid 18's however he has like 300lbs of fiberglass on that thing.

was it your first time at the track?

depends on a lot, stock NA eclipse times are around 16 i beleive (for manual) i think closer to 17 for autos, yet a lot has to do with engine shape, cars weight, wheel spin, and a lot of other variables.

There is also the chance something is wrong with the car, and you just posted something about loss of low end power so... all things to consider.

ya, theres too many things to think about when it comes to the "right time." Just go back to the track every so often after putting on more and more mods each time, you'll see increases in time (more or less depending on what you put in)...but i can't say if that is the exactly right time you should be running or not. Just be happy it's nothing worse, and build on it :D

I ran a 17.9 at the track and i was woundering if thats right i got an apexi n1 exhaust, aem cold air intake, greedy 4-1 header and its auto tranny just woundering???

I know how you feel. I have an auto tranny and I ran exactly 17.9 in the quarter mile. As far as mods all I have is intake and exhaust. Unfortunately these auto trannys are a second slower than manual ones. I'm doing a manual swap soon and adding more mods to take care of that problem. You might want to add a light weight crank pulley or cams to improve your et's. Good luck and hang in there.

i had an automatic 93 talon years ago, n/a. it was sloooooooooow. but i'm also use to 8cylinders and superchargers and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back