The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Radiator

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomexe

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 17, 2004
fargo, North_Dakota
is there any good aftermarket radiator like koyo or fluidyne available for our cars...i see that visteon aka c&r has a setup but just wondering if anyone knew of anyone else thanks

Fluidyne and Visteon both make good aftermarket aluminum radiators. RadiatorBarn.com (where you would purchase the Visteon) also makes a good all-metal steel radiator. It performs pretty well in most cases and isn't prone to leaking from fatigued plastics as the OE radiator is.

VelocitàPaola;151329475 said:
Fluidyne and Visteon both make good aftermarket aluminum radiators. RadiatorBarn.com (where you would purchase the Visteon) also makes a good all-metal steel radiator. It performs pretty well in most cases and isn't prone to leaking from fatigued plastics as the OE radiator is.

that's an understatement. Mine cracked and pissed fluid all over the place. One of the few times in 5 years the car has stranded me

Same here... the only time my car has ever stranded me was when the inlet cracked and completely broke away from the end tank.

yea same thing happened to me, i ended up getting a koyo aluminum radiator cost about 300 bucks works great but was a snug fit. you might need to get thinner fans with your new radiator.

yea same thing happened to me, i ended up getting a koyo aluminum radiator cost about 300 bucks works great but was a snug fit. you might need to get thinner fans with your new radiator.

This is a non-turbo thread.

I had an OEM radiator and I straddled a stone that sat too high in the road, put a hole in it. I bought a new OEM radiator from 1-800-RADIATOR, and I have had no problems. It is almost 3" thick and cools VERY well.

+1 for radiatorbarn.com the OE replacement is plenty. I use it and 180 t-stat. Works perfect.

quick piece of info the group buy the maperformance is holding right now for visteon radiators and spal fan is also available for our cars 270 shipped!!! i ordered one:thumb:

get a visitor radiator there better and thicker... they're made for nascar... thats what i have and it's great.

For OUR turbo car I can't see a thicker radiator a good thing. My radiator is darn close to 2.75" thick; add the fan to the large size and you find yourself with no room. That is just my .02; we have a wonderful car that was almost designed for people like us who turbo (beefy trans).

For OUR turbo car I can't see a thicker radiator a good thing. My radiator is darn close to 2.75" thick; add the fan to the large size and you find yourself with no room. That is just my .02; we have a wonderful car that was almost designed for people like us who turbo (beefy trans).

i didnt meant that much thicker i have a t3/t4 n it works out perfect with both fans i still have ps and ac

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back