The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Quick fix needed for dragging rear caliper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juntjoo

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 12, 2011
fort myers, Florida
Checking out my fuel tank when I noticed one of wheels is dragging - against the break pads I presume, and I'm wondering if there is a way to just disable it and not effect anything else in the process.

I don't have time now to check out the calipers and possibly dollface them. Take off the brake line and plug it?
If I can, do I do both rear wheels... or am I just being quite noobish?

What if you take out the break pads?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not exactly sure why you asked yourself a question in your own thread but when it comes to brakes there isn't really a SAFE bandaid. either figure out why your caliper is dragging and fix it right or don't drive the car.

The main issue i've come across with brakes with rubber flex lines is the inside breaks down and acts like a once way valve. it will allow fluid to flow through under pressure but not flow back out.

if you take your brake pads out the first time you step on the brake pedal your gonna blow the pistons out of the caliper and loose all brakes period..

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I think I was thinking the piston wouldn't each the rotor. Anyway... The local junk yard has a DSM I've been scavenging off of that should have unless the 1.8 has drum brakes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back