The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Rear Wheel Dragging

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murci

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey Guys, my rear wheel is dragging. I'm pretty sure it's because of the parking brake system. Reason is; everytime I rotate the wheel, it's a bit hard. I know it's not the caliper because it doesn't get stuck when I unbolt it and take it out. I have also tried using the star adjuster, but i turn it all the way and the shoes still expands. (I assuming its the brake shoes expanding and that's why it's dragging). It's still drivable, but I can hear the shoes grinding on my rotors and 1st gear is a bit shakey. I appreciate all responses.

Vehicle: 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

-Jordan

Are you reading my post at all? I did take it off. I adjusted it and it still does that.

I could go through the hassle of pointing out that most people adjust the parking brake by lining up the hole in the rotor with the adjuster so they don't have to take the rotor off and, therefore, there was nothing in your post to say that you've taken the rotor off, but that would be a waste of my time. Good luck.

I appreciate all responses.

Liar.

@jtmcinder: my apologies, i did not clarify. i had hoped that people utilized context when reading anything and so would assume that I would take out the rotors because I removed the caliper. It's only logical in my perspective. Regardless, I did not specify thoroughly and would hope you accept my apologies.

I know it's not the caliper because it doesn't get stuck when I unbolt it and take it out.

My Solution: Replaced all the springs and adjuster as well as using new shoes. RTM Racing has a kit. In my opinion, it's cheaper than finding individual part numbers and buying the springs and such.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back