The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Questions diagnosing what I have.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostforfun

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2004
Glenwood, Iowa
I recently purchased another dsm, a 90 AWD 5 speed car, that supposedly was tuned with link and had 550cc injectors.

After some initial issues with the honesty of the guy selling it, I am suspecting he might be a lying sack of crap. Still, I want to find out what I have. I purchased a wideband for the car because I don't want to turn up boost or do ANYTHING without knowing exactly where AFR's are.

Anyways, I pulled the ECU, and could not get it apart because I stripped a screw out, but it has a reman tag on it, and I doubt it has ever been opened. So, it is doubtful link was ever installed.

Further, the AFR runs between 13.8 and 15.0 out of boost just cruising down the road (maybe as lean as 15.5-9 under very light throttle), and pops to low 12.x as soon as boost starts to climb. This leads me to think they are stock injectors, because a bigger injector with no correction should run fat under theses conditions, if anything mine is a little too lean.

However, as soon as boost reaches 8-10psi and starts coming on hard, the AFR drops into the 11s, and then pegs the gauge under 10 at 11-14psi where I have it limited. 10.0 is the lowest the AEM goes, i think. So that makes me think that there might be bigger injectors because you think that stock 450s on an E16G (unless he lied about that too, but it does look new) would run a little lean at 14psi, not peg the gauge at rich.

I looked at the injectors and they are blue top, but look lighter blue than some of the stockers I have seen from 1g dsms.

I guess I can pull one and take a pic. Also could take a pic of the turbo if anyone knows how to tell if it is an E16g or not.

If this is not in the proper forum, please move.

Thanks!
Brian

what color are the injectors and can you take a picture of your motor so we can see what you have and understand more..!!

If thats your turbo its a big 16g not a Evo3 16g you can tell by the serial # 49178-01420 and a evo 3 is 49178-01470
My bad thought tha same person posted the first two posts anyways just look and the serial number on yours and compare

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back