The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Putting head back together.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

210 dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2007
san antonio, Texas
Two quick questions:
1.) is there suppose to be any dowel pins between the head and the HLA regulator, or dose it just bolt down as is?

2.) there's a random threaded hole on the head were the thermostat housing is mounted. What's up with that, dose anything go there? I've read on here that nothing dose ,but would like a second opinion.

1) No dowels for the HLA reg.

2) The only threaded holes on that side of a 1g head are oil galley ports.
1 is under where the them housing mounts, 3 more closer to the top, and one for the turbo oil feed.

Oh sorry this is a 2G head. Thank you on the issue of the HLAR.
If I wasent using my phone I could put a picture up to show you the hole under the thermostat housing. Or you probly know the one Im refering to anyways. Lol I know you know your way around a 4g63. I'm almost positive nothing was there when I took it apart it's just wierd how it's there for nothing, I had to make sure. Thanks again sir.

2g, No issue I have both.:D

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If it is under the therm Housing, it is an oil galley port.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back