The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Pulled CEL codes today...help me please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWDGreenMachine

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 16, 2005
Ontario, California
I pulled these codes today...

P0136 - o2 sensor circuit malfunction
P0141 - o2 sensor heater circuit
P0325 knock sensor 1 circuit
P0505 Idle control system malfunction

Does this mean that I need a new o2 sensor, knock sensor and IAC? Please interpret for me.

Thanks!

AWDGreenMachine said:
I pulled these codes today...

P0136 - o2 sensor circuit malfunction
P0141 - o2 sensor heater circuit
P0325 knock sensor 1 circuit
P0505 Idle control system malfunction

Does this mean that I need a new o2 sensor, knock sensor and IAC? Please interpret for me.

Thanks!

P0136 means O2 sensor circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2 (that's the last sensor, rear), check harness and connectors

P0141 means O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2, check harness and connectors

P0325 means either phantom knock or a dead knock sensor

P0505 could be related to the 02 sensor problems. Fix those and then clear codes and see if that code goes away..

BTW try searching, it only takes a minute and you can find PAGES of info on all these codes.

Eric

Thanks for the reply! I did indeed search and found the cel codes list. I just needed a little clarity on the matter. For instance...Does the o2 need to be replaced or does the knock sensor need to be replaced? or How do I fix the problem? I have a 3" tbe system with no bung for the rear o2, so I tie-wrapped it to an exhaust hanger with the understanding that it shouldn't give me any problem. Now, my question about the o2 is...If I install an o2 sim., should the o2 problem be solved? Thanks again! :cool:

OK, Great! I just ordered the o2 Sim., so, I should have it by Wednesday hopefully. I'll post and give an update on the outcome once it's installed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back