The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Street Build Project SNUG

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was not expecting this car to move off stands for a while. I removed entire rear end to prep for volk subframe, no brakes hooked up etc etc. Opportunity came up to move our family out of the city so I had to put all the old stuff back on to get trailer ready… 😑 BIG JOB

Grabbed some goodies from tuningart in Italy, carbon counsel from SCF, and shifter setup from fat-boy racing out of Malaysia. The communication with all 3 companies 👍 👍 . I thought it was cool that tuning art was able to make the “eclipse” letters in magenta gray. Next post hopefully car will be in new garage. 🤞

50774B07-34F8-4B56-96E7-42B351B2014C.jpeg

90DA4E38-AFE5-4611-8716-AEF814222FB1.jpeg

7E8B33D8-546C-4001-B336-CBD0E0E9F087.png

76A34C27-594F-4EA5-AE70-EF18FFFA5EE2.jpeg

I was not expecting this car to move off stands for a while. I removed entire rear end to prep for volk subframe, no brakes hooked up etc etc. Opportunity came up to move our family out of the city so I had to put all the old stuff back on to get trailer ready… 😑 BIG JOB

Grabbed some goodies from tuningart in Italy, carbon counsel from SCF, and shifter setup from fat-boy racing out of Malaysia. The communication with all 3 companies 👍 👍 . I thought it was cool that tuning art was able to make the “eclipse” letters in magenta gray. Next post hopefully car will be in new garage. 🤞

View attachment 670862
View attachment 670863
View attachment 670864

View attachment 670867
I think i actually like Simone's rear diffuser better than carbonetics and it's already pre-drilled for fasteners.

View attachment 670862
View attachment 670863
View attachment 670864

View attachment 670867
How do you even find these companies? Can’t wait to see the new set up!

That’s is an awesome build! One I’ll model mine after. I know you mentioned you’ve owned DSMs since 15 years old but for a complete beginner to DSMs and forced induction platforms, how would you recommend learning about 2gs?

how would you recommend learning about 2gs?
What is it you want to know?

Here are some links from our Resources tab:

The 2g is quite different than the 1g, in terms of chassis and body. The drivetrain is still very similar, just not exactly the same. While they were both built in Illinois, the 1g shares a lot of parts with the JDM-built Galant VR-4 and has a very rigid chassis due to the GVR-4 being rally bred, where the 2g shares more parts with its Chrysler cousins like the Dodge Avenger/Chrysler Sebring (outside of the drivetrain).

To continue this discussion, start a new thread and list all the questions you have about the 2g so we don't use this build thread for the discussion. I'm sure others will be willing to chime in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back