The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Project 11 second 1g AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

standard235

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2008
Washington, Illinois
Been into DSM's since I was 15. Bought my first AWD and it was a disaster. Got rid of it recently and picked up a 94 AWD off my dad's friend. It was his winter beater so it's a little rough BUT it's clean. No rust. Been repainted at some point.

l_e1726a4227584503a3f142497b29e7a7.jpg

The day I went and looked at her. On steelies with snow tires and has some trim panels missing. I have a couple in the DSM Parts box so I just need to get a color code and some paint, then install.

Car had a Clutchmasters FX300 clutch which went out and it ate the flywheel (bare metal clutch disc, seized to flywheel) so I put it in the garage on jack stands to take on a project.

Current mods:
Small 16G at 19-20psi
3" Turbo back exhaust
K&N Filter
FMIC with DIY piping (horrid fitment)
Clutchmasters FX300
OEM Fly
KYB AGX Struts with Ground Control Coilover sleeves
Walbro 255lph and stock FPR :ohdamn:

I am currently trying to make a list. My goals are 11's this year so 400whp would be nice but on this 7 bolt, I don't want to go much past 300whp.

Turbo: PTE 5031 Ball Bearing 50 trim turbo

FMIC: Punishment Racing 1G Short Route w/ 2.5" piping.

Emissions and EGR Removed/FIAV bypassed and coolant hoses T'ed

Taboo Speed Shop Vacuum RACE setup (brake booster, AFPR, BOV, WGA, MBC, boost gauge)

Drivetrain: Clutchmasters FX400 Clutch. Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel (8lbs). TRE Stage 2 Tranny.

Fluids: Redline MT-90 in tranny, Redline Heavy Shockproof in Transfer Case and Rear Differential. Valvoline 10W30 synthetic and a Purolator PureOne filter

Intake: Forced Performance 3" intake pipe w/o recirc pipe for VPC (gets rid of MAF since I plan on Speed Density and venting BOV to the atmosphere)

Exhaust: Ported Evo 3 manifold, 3" turbo-back exhaust

Tuning: DS-Map running Speed Density with a GM 3 bar MAP sensor and GM IAT, via an Ostrich EPROM Emulator for real-time tuning. When tune is finalized, I can burn a new EPROM using my Ostrich EPROM burner.

Fuel: Aeromotive AFPR. Rewired Walbro 255lph. FIC 1250 BlueMax injectors (plan to run E85 down the road) Nylon braided feed and return lines with FuelLabs filter

Ignition: New OEM ignition setup with NGK BPR7ES plugs and NGK wires

Brakes: Stock 2-piston fronts with PowerSlot rotors and Hawk HPS Pads. Stock 1 piston rears with PowerSlot rotors and Hawk HPS pads. Stainless brake lines all around. ABS Deleted using OEM non-ABS proportioning valve and 3/16" brake line

AC deleted, as well as cruise control

17" GSX Wheels
with Falken Azenis (225/40/r17)

Suspension: KYB AGX Struts with Ground Control Adjustable Coilover Sleeves and Eibach Springs

I already have whatever is in RED.

Looking to pick up either a 6 bolt that jumped timing to take the motor out of. Put my 7 bolt in it and sell for profit to pay for 6 bolt build. :)

Thanks for reading. I will try to update as I make progress. :hellyeah:

Car is a little different now.

Sold the 50 trim, bought a 16g.

Went with a Fuel Lab AFPR instead.

Found out the car does not have a rewired pump. Going to purchase Jay Racing's new Walbro pump that does 270lph at 75psi.

Car has no power steering.

Last day I can go to the track is the 20th and life is in the way. So hopefully the nice wintery air on the 1st of Jan for the Hangover fest will help me out. :)

11.99 on 16g first then time to play with the HX35 in the garage :)

Went 11.95@115 on Jan 1. Car has the Jay Racing 341 pump and their Toe Eliminator. Getting poly bushings all around. Has solid roll stop mounts. Going with a open t3 mani and the bep t3 housing on the hx35.

Looking on cutting some more weight and streamlining the harness a little bit, especially inside the car. Should be interesting for sure.

Looks nice! Keep updating for sure fellow Illinoisian!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back