The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g awd project (aka project 9's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why c16? You just throwing thoughts around now. I think you need to take some time, use the forums for research, and come up with a plan.

I hope to break into the 13's one day... But alas I'm stuck with this weak ass setup :(

Haha, OP, try for something a little more do-able than 9's outta the box. I'd say shoot for high 10's-mid/low 11's, it a much more attainable goal, you'll still be on the right path, but hoping into a 9-second car isn't just cake. You need to work your way up some. There's so many safety, tech, and supporting mods that you aren't even taking into consideration.

Well I know it's not going to be easy, but thats why I've been reading n what not I plan on building a 9 sec car I'm not planing on running it 9s my first time out I've never even been on the drag strip I've grown up around racing of all sorts my dads best friend runs a 7.680 firebird he helped him alot when I was little and I was always at the strip with them I've seen all kinds of stupid things go down the strip that you wouldn't expect to be fast, then bam! They run 8 sec! Lol If this guy can do it I can easily do it http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/drag-strip/379585-how-brake-9sec-barrier.html . I know I'm going to have to practice alot tune alot and then I'll be abe to. Im completely gutting the car getting a custom alum drive shaft made and buying upgraded rear and front axles just don't know whatkind just yet I'm going to email shep trans today and see about the trans and tcase for 9s Ill probably go with the same injectors that guy is using or a little bigger and I still have not decided on what turbo and my dad said I'll probably need 102 racing fuel he said I'd have to ask his friend with the firebird. I just need to find a list or what ever for the safety requirements and regs for Nhra cause that's what my local track uses. I can't seem to find it

Well, go to GOOGLE.COM and type in nhra safety rules. Also, your local track should have them listed explicitly on their website, since some tracks do differ individually.

You really don't sound very experienced at all. I'd hate for you to get several thousand in and just scrap the project because you didn't expect it would be so complicated/cost that much.

Building a 9-second car isn't cheap. I highly recommend you have a professional tune your car if you don't understand the ideals and principles of tuning in depth and your way around the software. You seem to still not know much, which means you have not researched anywhere near enough. In a high-horsepower car the field for error is very slim on tuning and setup, unlike a mostly stock DSM.

I wish you best of luck, but highly foresee that this project will be abandoned, most likely from a failure. This is why I recommend starting smaller and working up to 9's. If you don't understand which fuel you are hoping to use, you have a long way to go.

Like said before in my OP it's going to be a long and bumpy road and I give my self 2 years for this build. And just because I haven't decided what fuel to use doesn't mean I can't build a 9 sec car I know it's not going be cheap and I plan on researching what I need to, the tuning will have to be done on a dyno but I will learn how to do it just not right away I will learn what I need to. The current stage the car is in, it's gutted all except for the windows being switched to lexan and the dash being torn out And it's getting a wire tuck so that's another thing I'm going to need to research and as for a turbo I'm still undecided I know I'm going with FIC 1850 injectors Unless something comes up then I will not give up on this that's what I did befor with this car and it's not going to happen again

My bad I didnt even relies I put that LOL yeah he runs mid 7s, but that has nothing to do with my op so let's try and stay on topic here haha like I've said I plan on building a 9 second capable car I WILL build it slowly but surly it will be a slow build but I love my dsms I plan on going to the track the first time it opens and get a base run on and my first year I plan on getting used to the track and tree LOL the car is gutted running a hx40 and the 1850 blue max injectors wiseco pistons manley rods and eagle crank on racing fuel Dsm link v3 lite

The comment "If this guy can do it, I know I can.." I kinda dont understand. The guy Cuzco (Lollidsm) has done a fantastic job and really has built himself a respectable DSM by not cutting corners. I meet alot of his friends at the shootout, and let me tell you, they are very dedicated people and hardcore racers. They came all the way from Iceland to watch the event. The point I am trying to make is this guy has gone 9's because of hard work. I've followed him for a while. He uses a stock tranny rebuilt by himself, stock axles, t-case ect and has alot of seat time in his venture. I guess I just dont understand your comment.

As for the 9's thing, prepare to have some light pockets for the next few years. You need to do a lot of research. That HX-40 still hasnt been in the 9's though I'm sure TalonDave will do it shortly. He has had tons of trips to the track and thousands in his setup and still hasnt dipped into 9's. For you to pick this turbo to go 9's isnt exactly out of the question, but just shows you havent dont your research. I'm not knocking you, but being real.

Sheesh the guys lookin for advice, not ridicule. If ## lookin to runs 9's, like everyone else says, you need money. But more importantly, the dedication you so obviously display. Look for advice in the nice guys. Talk to your uncle. He should know someone who can hook you up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back