The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Pressure plate Any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbolover10

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 20, 2005
Orlando, Florida
I just pulled the motor and trans and found out it had this 2600 act pressure plate. I have no clue how many miles are on it but is it re usable? Thanks for any help! I'm ordering a new pivot ball, fork and oem tob aswell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 72
That things is all burned up. I personally wouldn't put that back in my car.

I'd also inspect the flywheel as I assume it looks similiar.

That things is all burned up. I personally wouldn't put that back in my car.

I'd also inspect the flywheel as I assume it looks similiar.
Thanks for the advice that's exactly what I was thinking I just wanted to get some more opinions. I'm wondering how the trans is after seeing this clutch it makes me a little worried @150k on this trans and probably beat to shit with this burnt act!

If the trans shifted fine before it was pulled it should be ok. It's not so much the clutch that will destroy a trans, it's the person operating it. Miss shifts and slamming gears, especially clutchless shifting will kill them real fast.

I couldn't drive the car so I'm not sure the condition of the trans, he said it never gave him a problem but from looking at this clutch and a spun rod bearing I fear that it was beat to shit LOL.. I'll cross my fingers on this one but I plan on doing a rebuild soon anyway!

The best thing you could do for the trans at this point is fill it with Diaqueen or Mitsu 75-90. You can get both from Jacks transmission for about $10 a quart.

Thanks Wes, I will give that a try and see how long I can stretch it till the rebuild. Bg syncro shift 2 any good, I was planning on running redline shockproof in the t case & rear diff too?

Don't use any BG products. They aren't meant for our cars. Shockproof is good for the T-case and rear diff, but that's it. Here's Jacks Transmission's oil tech article.

Oil – Jacks Transmissions LLC

Check it for any cracks. Also, place a straight edge on it and use a feeler gauge to check for flatness. They all look heated like that after some use.

Check it for any cracks. Also, place a straight edge on it and use a feeler gauge to check for flatness. They all look heated like that after some use.

Thanks for the advice donniekak, what If all that does checkout would you still chance it?

Don't use any BG products. They aren't meant for our cars. Shockproof is good for the T-case and rear diff, but that's it. Here's Jacks Transmission's oil tech article.

Oil – Jacks Transmissions LLC

Thanks for steering me in the right direction, I wasn't aware of that!

This is what I'm working with "for now." I have a stock pressure plate and act street disc with around 10k on it at most. As you can see in the pic it doesn't look to bad. I threw the act in there because I really want to use it but will probably end up with the stock clutch to be safe. I havent checked them with a straight edge yet but will be soon. Any more opinions?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back