The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Pics. KIGGLY kit ISSUES

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I didnt install it, I got this kit used, and im sure the previous owner wouldnt have flipped it around to mess me up, but I will take a look at it tommorrow.
\
Thanks for your help lucky. I wish you were closer to Tallahassee

What is the link to the old thread? I want the history. . . To figure out what the he!! is going on here. . .

. . . Remember that stock A/T cars have two shims (in front of and behind) the flex plate.

So does this kit require both shims I mentioned? Also, do you by chance have 5speed bolts in the flex plate to crank? They are different lengths. . . And Im fairly certain head size...

what do you mean? This is a nice looking quality kit, it seems Im having problems with

You 'got the kit used'. That's what I mean ;). Also, the 'flexplate to crank' bolts are different from the 'flywheel to crank' bolts. But they both thread in of course; and they both look similar. Which do you have?

Also per the **stock** flex plate, it is on correctly. IF it is **supposed** to flare to the engine. Looks like the above .pdf varifies that.

You do not have the proper spacer in the right location. Per the above .pdf, I don't see it; so it is wrong.

You 'got the kit used'. That's what I mean ;). Also, the 'flexplate to crank' bolts are different from the 'flywheel to crank' bolts. But they both thread in of course; and they both look similar. Which do you have?

Also per the **stock** flex plate, it is on correctly. IF it is **supposed** to flare to the engine.

You do not have the proper spacer in the right location. Per the above, I don't see it; so it is wrong.

I just reused my 7 bolt crank bolts. Obviously I still have one untouched bolt because im 6 bolt now LOL:thumb:

You shave the flaxplate right. But per the above .pdf, you dont have the spacer/washer required in the right location or installed at all. . .

I didnt shave the plate. Why would I, or am I not seeing something?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

yeah those look like mine...................well I had to grind off the roundness to fit this plate, and even then I still had trouble with it

Anyway dude, this is how I look at it, someone can tell me I can put the square peg into the round hole, and that this is the right way, but after 1 try, I can tell that no matter what they say that it isn't happening.

Perhaps your problem is this:

1. Plate is actually on backwards now.
2. Bolts are causing clearance problem that created gap the other way.

I see 2 problems so far based off those pics and that file.

1. You NEED the washer that goes between the flex plate and the converter. It is held in with the bolts.

2. Your bolt heads are twice the thickness as mine.

Plate is on right. per the .pdf above.

:ohdamn: I typed an extra "s". You have the plate right, but you do not have the spacer/shim/washer. . . It's clearly pictured in the .pdf above. Or you have it behind the flexplate which is very wrong.

I didnt shave the plate. Why would I, or am I not seeing something?

I see 2 problems so far based off those pics and that file.

1. You NEED the washer that goes between the flex plate and the converter. It is held in with the bolts.

2. Your bolt heads are twice the thickness as mine.

fine bro, when I get the funds, I will for sure send you a PM for your bolts. As for a washer, I have the whole kit it seems, and I dont see any washers that kiggly sells seperate

Plate is on right. per the .pdf above.

:ohdamn: I typed an extra "s". You have the plate right, but you do not have the spacer/shim/washer. . . It's clearly pictured in the .pdf above. Or you have it behind the flexplate which is very wrong.

I had it motor/flex plate/metal plate/kiggly spacer. Is that wrong

You don't necessarily need to buy mine, you can probably grab them off a junkyard car.

I am going to try to show you a better illustration.

LOLOL no way am I going to a yard to dig to this extreme for a couple bolts. I find it much easier to buy off someone else :thumb:

Once all this is done, I need a 2g motor mount and a 6 bolt hydrolic tentioner still

I had it motor/flex plate/metal plate/kiggly spacer. Is that wrong

LOLOL no way am I going to a yard to dig to this extreme for a couple bolts. I find it much easier to buy off someone else :thumb:

Once all this is done, I need a 2g motor mount and a 6 bolt hydrolic tentioner still

The order you list it in is right. The pictures you post don't show the plate/spacer.

No_fvcking_spacer :)

And there above it is bolted on backwards. . . here's your pic with it on right. . . but still no damn spacer:

Should be right in front of that flex plate you see there. . . but. . . it's not. I already implied that if you purchased the kit used then you may have not got all the parts.

The orange in this picture indicates where the spacer we are referring to goes. It looks like it is not a kit piece, so it may utilize a stock spacer, probably not used on a 7 bolt, which is why it seems you don't have it.

I have no idea. Thus I will not relinquish mine LOL I gave my last one to a guy wanting the stock flexplate and the auto transfercase. I'm not letting any more go since my 5speed is on it's last leg anyhow ROFL.

But you know your problem anyhow. I'm sure SOMEONE can help get you one. Sorry it took so long to figure it out :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back