The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Pics. KIGGLY kit ISSUES

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickedz

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
Reason for a "new' tread is because I wanted all input, and people to see a new thread.

I flipped the plate around because "it was on backwards so you all say". Well with it on backwards, it slid right onto the tq converter with no issues. Now that it's on right, I cant even force it onto the tq converter. Im so upset right now because the day is winding down and my motor is chilling outside. Please help me asap on this. Am I suppose to shave the shaft on the tq converter or something?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
got some extra ones laying around? LOL they are from my 7 bolt and I had to grind the roundness off them, to get them to work for this plate. Weird I know

I will keep ya in mind, but right now it's a issue of what way this damn plate really goes.

keep us updated ill be doing the same thing with the kiggly adapter in a couple days

keep us updated ill be doing the same thing with the kiggly adapter in a couple days

Will do man. Im hoping someone chimes in SOON. I would like to drop this back into the car today LOL

I need to get a new motor mount eh LOLOLOLOLOL

That plate does not look like it is on the right way. It looks like it is backwards NOW.

What was the original issue that made you flip it around.

That plate does not look like it is on the right way. It looks like it is backwards NOW.

I think is backwards too it should extend in the bell housing

because everyone including kiggly said it was on backwards. I tryed to get a real answer so I didnt have to yank the motor, but I got responces like " DIDNT YOU KNOW THAT KIGGLY SAID IT WAS BACKWARDS" so that means I had it on wrong.

Heres the situation

When on the way I had it

*slides right on to tq converter with no issues
*bolts onto the motor, but I had to modify the bolts as you could see

When its on the way it is now

* I had to hammer tap it onto the motor and then bolts went right in no issues
* NO WAY to get it onto the tq converter period. All it's doing it f*ing up my shaft on the tq converter

Did the transmission not seat up all the way on the engine?

I mean what caused you to originally think there was a problem?

And those are some huge bolts.

The bolts look to thick, and what was the original problem. What happened that made you ask if it was on correctly the first time.

Are you positive that the torque converter was all the way into the tranny the first time. If it wasn't it would cause a gap.

And secondly if those thick bolts dont clear the torque converter it wont seat up.

And how is it binding, it won't spin, or it wont seat up.

Yes it was all they way in the tranny. I spun it until it seated correct. It binds by not sitting flush. It spins easy, you can see that corner there GAP. Plus I have no idea how to put a bolt there. Nothing I have fits

And those bolts are fine OEM bolts. Unless theres some crazy difference between 6 bolt and 7 bolt bolts LOL

Yes it was all they way in the tranny. I spun it until it seated correct. It binds by not sitting flush. It spins easy, you can see that corner there GAP. Plus I have no idea how to put a bolt there. Nothing I have fits

And those bolts are fine OEM bolts. Unless theres some crazy difference between 6 bolt and 7 bolt bolts LOL

those dont look like the bolts in my 6 bolt engine

Well I just threw motor in wheel barrow and covered it up best I could. I hope to find out what I need to do soon. Thanks all

Stock 1G flexplates curve in toward the engine, seems backwards compared to other engines but it's how they are.

See if the converter fits on with no bolts holding the flexplate on, that would tell you if the bolts are the issue or not.

Um I would if I could even get the converter to slide into the plate at all. Im serious when I say it dont fit. The converter shaft is slightly larger then the plate, but if you flip it around, it slides right in with bolts and all, but was told it was backwards that way.

I just went out and looked at a motor I have with a flexplate still attached and the way you have it now with the " fins " sweeping toward the motor looks correct.

I'd say by the looks of your pics you have the wrong bolts. Measure the head height on the ones you have. I don't have a set of calipers at home to verify but maybe someone can measure theirs to compare.

Or..... that pilot bushing isn't seated. I can't tell from the pics. If that center section is a part of the plate and not a separate piece.... that could also be a part of the problem.

Edit.... if that is the pilot bushing....but it's pressed into the plate backwards....that could be it. I do believe it's got a lip on it.

Last edited:
ok I understand what you all are saying about the bolts, but I cant even get a start on the converter to slide in at all. You can see where its all marked up from trying to get it on. The plate has the center piece and looks to be bigger on one end, and then reduces on the other end. The bigger end that WORKS on the converter is now facing in towards motor. That is my issue now

See if that piece comes out of the plate. It's probably the pilot bushing but it's on backwards.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back