The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Parts shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofast63

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 22, 2011
Manchester, Michigan
I want us to build a list of hard to find parts to help people see what possible bumps they could hit in the road and possibly help vendors know what we need to keep dsms alive.

I'm new here and new to dsms I've just got a 98 gst and it needs a fuel pressure solenoid. I looked everywhere and I was only able to find it at the dealer. part number MR126455

Gsx rear replacement axles...
You can buy fronts at stores. Someone out there sells rear axles where you have to reuse your cups. We need complete axles! Some of us can't afford hundreds of dollars for driveshaft Shop or other made to order custom axles.

@DSSA can possibly help with some of these if Josh knows or has contacts getting stuff

@DSSA can possibly help with some of these if Josh knows or has contacts getting stuff

Axles have never really been easy. Used units are still your best bet, if in good condition, and just re-boot them if needed.

Raxles used to sell rebuilt axles for these cars for a reasonable price, and used brand new joints on them---not re-ground joints that often cause reliability and strength issues. That being said, Marty discontinued with them as the business for those axles wasn't there enough to continue the large investment he needed to do in order to obtain said new joints.

I'm new here and new to dsms I've just got a 98 gst and it needs a fuel pressure solenoid. I looked everywhere and I was only able to find it at the dealer. part number MR126455

They're only $41 new, and Mitsubishi is currently showing 10 of them in their US Inventory.

That said, you can just unplug and omit the solenoid if you don't have emissions testing---they could fail you on the "Visual" aspect if they had any idea that it was supposed to be there.

You can typically just leave the wiring plugged in to it, by bypass it with a vacuum line directly from the manifold to the fuel pressure regulator. Its intended function is to close at start up to raise fuel pressure a bit. I've never had nor seen a starting issue when I've bypassed them.

If you're still getting a code at that point, something is electronically wrong within the unit. At that point you can either buy a new one, buy a used one and hope it's good, or if you have more time than money, you can look up the test procedure in the manual and see what the ECU is looking for. I can't tell you off of the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it's just either looking for a resistance value (at that point, remove solenoid and just get the correct resistance that the ECU is looking for.

Or, if you plan on modifying the car a bit...just save yourself the headache, additional expense of buying a solenoid, and get DSMLink for the car.

Bobby, you are indeed correct. However, I think most vendors discontinued watching that thread as it ended up mostly being a case of unrealistic wants, I.E. "I want carbon fiber doors, roof, and hatch made!" to which would then get a response of "Okay, we can make that happen...it'll be around $3500.00 for the parts". The next reply would be "Oh--I wouldn't spend anywhere near that on those parts".

Hope all is well across the pond!

Bobby, you are indeed correct. However, I think most vendors discontinued watching that thread as it ended up mostly being a case of unrealistic wants, I.E. "I want carbon fiber doors, roof, and hatch made!" to which would then get a response of "Okay, we can make that happen...it'll be around $3500.00 for the parts". The next reply would be "Oh--I wouldn't spend anywhere near that on those parts".

Bingo

That ia true and i dont disagree, some are realistic though and do able, im going to go through the whole thread and see if there is some items that really can be done, carbin is always going to be expensiive because of its nature and most do like to over charge since its only wet layed and not heated in a controlled envioroment which is were the price rises alot but i guess someones gotta make it and money!

Yes all is well here, ive not been in contact recently as im pretty good for bits and just saving for parts for time attack which i can get here but im sure i will need some mitsu stuff soon so no doubt will be emailing at somepoint LOL.

Also hows the move going? finally done and all settled or you still sorting through it all?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back