The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Our economy and the governments role

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzeclips

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2004
Bear, Delaware
Unreal. Un ####ing real. Half the lenders and market is in a shihole right now but all the CEO's who took the money for this run off in their jets and sell their companies for shit to the dollar, which advertantly ####s all shareholders. Washington Mutual and JP Morgan did the same thing, now the feds will bail out AIG and but any other business owner in tough times has to suck it up and file bankruptcy.

I understand home loans are more important then small businesses because it provides shelter to families. But the same people who made money from giving out money are walking away with even more money and using the feds as a bail out.

A bail out.

Hm, a bail out.

For example, Washington Mutual's last CEO was in office for 21 days, continually reassuruing shareholders and stockholders that their assests and revenue was backed wholly and entirely. He misleading many long time and new investors to giving him and his company more money. The stock went from $40 a share and closed at $.16 a share on Friday. THIS CEO MADE $$$30 MILLION DOLLARS IN 21 DAYS OF WORK AND IS GETTING NO REPRECUSSION FROM IT. INSTEAD THE FEDS ARE BAILING THEM OUT.

This is the finest corruption of government and corporate ties to date if not since the great depression. I know and don't care if politics are allowed our wsociety and the American people are being shafted by wall street and big time executives without even knowing it. Think and act for yourselves everyone please. THESE CORRUPTION CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

I'll be in Times Square in front of the CNN building on Monday monday protesting the robbery that most blind americans don't even know about. I and many other who invested in our economy under false leadings have been shafted and it's unreal.

Justice MUSt be served. The people should NEVER fear their government. Their government SHOULD FEAR THE PEOPLE. :notgood:

Sorry guys I work in the banking and real estate and stock business you guys wouldn't believe how bad it is out there people are living in their god damnned cars because of this shit it's just distgusting.

Research, learn, and act on this. We cannot allow this from our government!!!!! :notgood::notgood::mad::mad::mad::mad:

END RANT.

Couldn't agree more with you. It's for reasons like this that I laugh at the people that suck the American government's co*k (I didn't know bad words get bleeped out still..) and believe everything they say.

This thread will get locked btw.

Yeah some thing needs to happen. Legally or not so legal... Start hanging them in the front yard like lawn ornaments or something, teach no one else to try this again.

People need to realize that if CEO's pay is reduced or regulated you will not be able to pick the best people to run the companies. Secondly, their salaries can be regulated to a certain point. What ever happened to laissez faire?

I think it is ridiculous how politicians are so dense to this stuff. Some major politicians are major recipients of money from Freddie Mae, Fannie Mae, and Lehman Brothers. It's messed up how politicians are rubbing elbows with these power house companies.

A $700 billion bailout, how do we pay for that? It's ironic that we spend $700 billion a year on energy over seas. Crazy eh? Imagine if we used that, created jobs here and kept the $700B in this country. Imagine the impacts on the economy then.

The new number is 350 billion but none the less, where will this come from. I'm betting on another lone from rich uncle China. The current government is slowly but surely selling off the US to the highest bidder.

d

If they gave that 700 Billion dollars and spread it out evenly among all the WORKING tax paying citizens, Then all these broke ass people would PAY off their home loans and credit cards....People would start buying homes and being able to pay most of them off ASAP. This Way the companies DON'T need bailing out, cause all the money will go from us to them. But instead our country would rather screw us and help out big business. YAY!

We all should have voted for RON PAUL, But instead everyone listened to the media (brain wash) that said he was CRAZY!!!

I also was thinking why pay the business all that money when they can give out that money to citizen then those business wouldn't be in debt. There needs to be a revolution in this government. I think that our government should be our energy company because as you can see privatized companies screw us over. All those Oil CEOs are getting rich meanwhile we all have to suck it up and pay the ridiculous gas prices. To whoever says it supply and demand, wake up it's not. Oil is going down, while gas is very high. Oil is not gonna run out any time soon. Oil prices went so high mostly because oil speculators, but yes china has some part of it.

Some parts of this thread I wouldn't touch with a stick, but I would like to say that I cannot see and American taxpayer/middle class bailout being any better than a big business bailout, why should someone who bought a house when they weren't financially secure get a government hand out when I and other like me chose instead to keep paying rent and save up more money first.

If anyone wants to see some of how we got here this article is pretty revealing.

Liebowitz housing article

I also don't see how this thread is going to stay open very long.

All of you put it in great perspective. Everyone some how or some way has been effected by this. And sadly enough the main cause of this was the government allowing such shitty handling of MAJOR funds in our economy.

I've been working with people who've been managing their client's portfolios for over 20 years, 20 YEARS, and just lost ALL their money and the brokers are all losing their money now. The banks are in a panic and our housing situation is of utmost shit right now. How do you hit a society with rising gas, home eviction, retirement and savings, and in the wallet all within one year. Not to mention the WAR we were put in too under unjust pretenses. It's so sadly heartbreaking that our government would allow and support all of these things under such horrible mismanagement. It's dwindled from great to good to hopeful to hopeless to god damn this can't get any worse.

I know this will be closed. But if the subject was truly brought to even one member's attention my cause was just. The media won't say or provoke this shit because the government controls a good portion of that too. It's crazy and the problem is that theres nothing our society will or can do to fix it. Congress has bcome our enemy, along with rich corrupt politicians in office.

America was founded on liberty and freedom, with democracy and free speech to all citizens. Yet we as citizens don't have control over shit and until the majority of us march on capitol hill nothing will be done. If a $700 billion debt is what's needed for congressional or federal attention; then we're all ####ed because the problem is too big before it can be stopped. We've all been swayed since day one to think that somehow and somewhere the government is a all mighty high power guiding us in the direction we need. When really it's quite contrary. I'm ashamed. Distgusted. Argh. ROFL:notgood: All I can do is try to laugh it off and wait to get the #### out of this country in a year or two.

Look I know alot of you guys are mechanics and not necessarily the most politically savvy out there but I hope people understand how serious and how bad the situation is right now. It hasn't been this bad since the great depression. THE GREAT DEPRESSION. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN AGAIN AFTER WE LEARNED FROM OUR MISTAKE THE FIRST TIME??

Anyone seen V for vendetta? Remember the day on November 4th? LOL. A revolution is needed.

Some parts of this thread I wouldn't touch with a stick, but I would like to say that I cannot see and American taxpayer/middle class bailout being any better than a big business bailout, why should someone who bought a house when they weren't financially secure get a government hand out when I and other like me chose instead to keep paying rent and save up more money first.

Maybe they WERE finacially secure 4 or 5 years ago when gas was 1.69 a gallon...Inflation has gone up in record numbers. YET our PAY scale does not fallow the RAPID rate of inflation. That's governments fault for PRINTING out more money for THEM to spend on the WAR without having anything to back it up.

The price of gas going up Made the price of EVERYTHING ELSE go UP^

All of our goods, and delivered my Planes, Trains , and Trucks.....THEY ALL USE FUEL. So the Pric of EVERYTHING has gone up.

So some are left with a choice...to feed and cloth their KIDS or pay the bills?

Then they should still have their 15-20% downpayment in the form of equity. Home prices have fallen but not 20% and they should have gained some principle in that amount of time which means that any home buyer that was financially secure should be able to sell their house for at least what their mortgage costs and probably enough to have a bit left over or they could refinance to a 30 year amortization instead of the 15 year that they should have taken out.

Inflation is also hardly at a record rate so either cite your sources or don't make silly assumptions.

Furthermore if you want a culprit for inflation consider Pyongyang and Tehran attempting to subvert our economy with supernotes (fake, almost undetectable $100 bills smuggled into our economy and spent in other economies by the billions).

If they gave that 700 Billion dollars and spread it out evenly among all the WORKING tax paying citizens, Then all these broke ass people would PAY off their home loans and credit cards....People would start buying homes and being able to pay most of them off ASAP. This Way the companies DON'T need bailing out, cause all the money will go from us to them. But instead our country would rather screw us and help out big business. YAY!

We all should have voted for RON PAUL, But instead everyone listened to the media (brain wash) that said he was CRAZY!!!

So true. Ron Paul is who i want to vote for. Is there anyway i can vote for him instead of those two idiots that the sheeple are gazing to.

James :laser::talon:

America was founded on liberty and freedom, with democracy and free speech to all citizens. Yet we as citizens don't have control over shit and until the majority of us march on capitol hill nothing will be done. If a $700 billion debt is what's needed for congressional or federal attention; then we're all ####ed because the problem is too big before it can be stopped. We've all been swayed since day one to think that somehow and somewhere the government is a all mighty high power guiding us in the direction we need. When really it's quite contrary. I'm ashamed. Distgusted. Argh. ROFL:notgood: All I can do is try to laugh it off and wait to get the #### out of this country in a year or two.

Anyone seen V for vendetta? Remember the day on November 4th? LOL. A revolution is needed.

Lol. America founded on liberty and freedom? A part of it. But do you honestly think George Washington was a broke man? Course not. He owned plantationsand had slaves. He's your typical rich guy. Think about it to almost every president. The only president who I believe that was actually not as rich as the others is Abraham Lincoln. And he got shot. Money is power in this world. If you don't have cash, you won't get around for too long.

And it was the 5th of November, damnit. :rolleyes:

What do you mean that inflation isn't at record rates?? Everything has tripled in price over the last 5 years hahaha. Gas, Ciggarettes, sugar, food, beer, Cable TV, Cell phones and the list goes ON and ON. WE OWE MONEY to EVERY other country bro..,.thats why Our dollar is weak.

It seems our COUNTRY is practicing the same POOR money management as the people that can't afford their home loans LOL.

Our government is a joke, always has been and will be. The constitution actually says if the government goes nuts and/or we dont like it, revolution time. But the 300 million+ people here are too chicken *hit to do it. We need some assasinations around here if you ask me. Some people need to be "taken care of" like some of those enron guys ,just like Ken Lay died of "heart disease".

The reason this thread hasn't been closed yet is because we haven't included politics or war. So lets keep it that way. So please don't talk about Democrats or Republicans or any politician in this thread. I would like to know everyone's opinion :D

What do you mean that inflation isn't at record rates?? Everything has tripled in price over the last 5 years hahaha. Gas, Ciggarettes, sugar, food, beer, Cable TV, Cell phones and the list goes ON and ON. WE OWE MONEY to EVERY other country bro..,.thats why Our dollar is weak.

It seems our COUNTRY is practicing the same POOR money management as the people that can't afford their home loans LOL.

Do you have a citation for this or should I just trust you blindly?

If we start having the blind lead the blind though I'll let you in on a secret, the whole government has been replaced by aliens and your ex-girlfriend really does still think about you. If you believe that I'll tell you another one.

Inflation rate graph. <--- Doesn't look like record inflation to me, maybe a little higher in the last 3 years than the 5 before that but certainly lower than the 90s.

As far as the national debt, yeah I think that is pretty high, but it doesn't mean much as far as our inflation goes and actually a lot of it is internal. I even think my original premise is something along the lines of advocating that we not just throw a bunch of money at people just to see what happens. Plus, the US government is Aaa rated, and that rating was just reviewed. The reason that it is still Aaa rated is that it has such a flexible and robust balance sheet with numerous different sources of income and hedged risks. It sounds to me like you are spouting off about things that you know nothing about and expecting everyone to just swallow it because of how much you think you can swagger.

I'm really getting away from what I first stated though and way more into the category of things I really shouldn't touch even with someone else's stick. Oh well, in for a penny in for a pound.

Blah blah blah...The constitution actually says if the government goes nuts and/or we dont like it, revolution time. But the 300 million+ people here are too chicken... blah blah blah

I bet you are offending way more people than you believe.:notgood: I also challenge you to design and test a better government. When you're done I suggest you send it to one of your Senators and ask them to propose it. As for me I'm going to continue paying my taxes and voting since as far as I'm concerned compared to most other countries out there even the bad times here are still pretty good.

Republican Deregulation is and has been the problem ever since Reagan.....

Did you take a chance to read the article I posted? It is a bit long but it is also very informative, you should really blame the Boston Fed, Countrywide, Fannie Mae, and borrowers who took advantage. This isn't a partisan issue, if either party is at fault then both are.

Do you have a citation for this or should I just trust you blindly?

If we start having the blind lead the blind though I'll let you in on a secret, the whole government has been replaced by aliens and your ex-girlfriend really does still think about you. If you believe that I'll tell you another one.

Inflation rate graph. <--- Doesn't look like record inflation to me, maybe a little higher in the last 3 years than the 5 before that but certainly lower than the 90s.

As far as the national debt, yeah I think that is pretty high, but it doesn't mean much as far as our inflation goes and actually a lot of it is internal. I even think my original premise is something along the lines of advocating that we not just throw a bunch of money at people just to see what happens. Plus, the US government is Aaa rated, and that rating was just reviewed. The reason that it is still Aaa rated is that it has such a flexible and robust balance sheet with numerous different sources of income and hedged risks. It sounds to me like you are spouting off about things that you know nothing about and expecting everyone to just swallow it because of how much you think you can swagger.

I'm really getting away from what I first stated though and way more into the category of things I really shouldn't touch even with someone else's stick. Oh well, in for a penny in for a pound.

I bet you are offending way more people than you believe.:notgood: I also challenge you to design and test a better government. When you're done I suggest you send it to one of your Senators and ask them to propose it. As for me I'm going to continue paying my taxes and voting since as far as I'm concerned compared to most other countries out there even the bad times here are still pretty good.

Did you take a chance to read the article I posted? It is a bit long but it is also very informative, you should really blame the Boston Fed, Countrywide, Fannie Mae, and borrowers who took advantage. This isn't a partisan issue, if either party is at fault then both are.

True. I agree with what you said. I think the people who can identify this (not a partisan issue) knows what they are talking about. I should also point out, since World War II there has been a recession about every 10 years. This supports that recessions happen, people should plan for them. I love how when one happens someone always has to be pointing the finger. Opps! Should I even bring up the word recession? It's funny, I bet by the time we get a new president and things just naturally turn around (not overnight, but within a period of years) whoever is elected president will be praised for their "excellent" economic policies. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys I work in the banking and real estate and stock business you guys wouldn't believe how bad it is out there people are living in their god damnned cars because of this shit it's just distgusting.

I must ask. How do you work in all three industries and still not know how to use spell check?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back