The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Oil Temperature Gauge Sender [Merged 5-7] temp mount adapter sump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey, I've searched and the general consensus for an oil temp. sending unit is to install it into one of the allen plugs in the oil filter housing. Well that didn't work out because not only could I get a spare plug out, but a shop couldn't even get one out without coming close to cracking the housing.
Next idea was to run it in the oil pan drain plug spot but the adapter I have is maybe .001 cm (LOL) too small for that, so I can't run it there.

Can I put the sender into the spare plug thats on the front left of the head? (Oil line for turbo on some models)?

Will Temperature be accurate?

hey guys i bought a oil temp gauge and sensor and I was wondering if I could put the sensor on the head where some of those allenkey bolts are and just place it there? if not where would be a good place for the sensor

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back