The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Oil filter line, where does it go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colossus

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2003
Crestview, Florida
Ok. You have the oil filter housing. On the bottom of that housing is a small rod which connects via a rubber house to a green bent metal tubing. This tubing goes up the exhaust (front) side of the block, behind the turbo, around to the side and then ends right by the main water line. Now, where this pipe ends, I have no connection. I have nothing leading anywhere. Where in the hell does this oil line go or end up connecting to?

Also, which order on the distributor does the spark plug wires go in? The Haynes manual gives 2 different orders.

It's a coolant line for the water-cooler oil cooler. It connects to a barb fitting on the thermostat housing, I would assume and of the fittings pointing toward the radiator would work, but one above the thermostat would let the oil warm up faster in the winter time.

The wires should go 4-1-2-3 standing on the driver's side going from left (radiator) to right (firewall). Also, 1-4-2-3, 4-1-3-2, & 1-4-3-2 will work as well.

Jay

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back