The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

disconnected vacuum line, where does it go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuNcHeSs

Probationary Member
May 5, 2013
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
I was swapping the stock intake pipe to a hard pipe and I noticed that the other end of the vacuum line that is right after the MAF (right next to the recirculating line for the BOV) was not connected to anything. Ive searched multiple vacuum diagrams and couldnt find anything to help me. Anyone know where it goes?

I was swapping the stock intake pipe to a hard pipe and I noticed that the other end of the vacuum line that is right after the MAF (right next to the recirculating line for the BOV) was not connected to anything. Ive searched multiple vacuum diagrams and couldnt find anything to help me. Anyone know where it goes?

If it is the about 1/2" diameter one, then that line goes back to the EGR system. You can either hook it back up to your new intake pipe or cap the hole on the intake pipe and remove your EGR.

If it is the about 1/2" diameter one, then that line goes back to the EGR system. You can either hook it back up to your new intake pipe or cap the hole on the intake pipe and remove your EGR.

The EGR is under the battery tray right?

The EGR is under the battery tray right?

Yes, most of it is under the battery. Charcoal canister location varies, for some its on the gas tank filler neck, others under the battery, and some on the front drivers side under the frame rail area I believe.

Yes, most of it is under the battery. Charcoal canister location varies, for some its on the gas tank filler neck, others under the battery, and some on the front drivers side under the frame rail area I believe.

Isn't that the EVAP Canister in those locations. Thought the EGR is under the intake manifold?

The EGR is on the intake manifold, right under the throttle body.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yes the EGR is under the intake manifold attached to it with 2 bolts and 1 or 2 vacuum lines.

Edit: ^ok it's on the side of it with 2 or 3 vacuum lines :p

Isn't that the EVAP Canister in those locations. Thought the EGR is under the intake manifold?

Sorry I got carried away and started lumping the EGR and EVAP systems together. As stated the EGR valve is under the throttle body on the side of the intake manifold.

The way I wrote it made it sound like I thought the charcoal canister was the EGR valve, I assumed he would want to delete EVAP with EGR and embellished without explaining what I was talking about. Sorry for the confusion.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back