The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oil feed off head what thread is the whole?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsMWookie

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I am about to run and make a SS line but I need to know the thread pitch for the whole so I can pick out the right fitting. Being that I can't drag my motor their makes it a little difficult. I thought it was a pipe thread so I figured I can't just run a bolt in to find out the size.

That is incorrect. There are no 1/8NPT threads from the factory on a Mitsubishi. There is a bunch of 1/8BSP (JPT) but I believe he asked for the one that feeds the turbo which is 10x1.25mm.
If it's the one on the OFH the one he was asking about, it is 3/8BSP and a 3/8NPT will only catch a few threads but it seems to do the job. I prefer to run a tap in there first if the housing is off the engine.

I found out it was a 10. 1.25mm the feed line for the turbo is what I was refering too. I blocked it off with a bolt and crush washer from a non turbo since they don't use that oil feed.

Suparata said:
That is incorrect. There are no 1/8NPT threads from the factory on a Mitsubishi. There is a bunch of 1/8BSP (JPT) but I believe he asked for the one that feeds the turbo which is 10x1.25mm.
If it's the one on the OFH the one he was asking about, it is 3/8BSP and a 3/8NPT will only catch a few threads but it seems to do the job. I prefer to run a tap in there first if the housing is off the engine.

A 10mm x 1.25 fitting will not fit in the oil feed hole on my head. I have a JDM head, would that make a difference? I can get a 1/8" NPT to start a couple threads but the 10mm will not even start, it's too big.

The hole at the end of the oil galley on the exhaust side facing the back of the engine (transmission/passenger side fender) IS a 10x1.25mm or at least it should be.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back