The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

oil feed line

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmgst1995

Probationary Member
Mar 1, 2010
Canton, Ohio
I been talking to a couple of my dsm buddys and they have been telling me its not good to run your oil feed line to your turbo from the head. I have a fully built 6 bolt with a garrett gt35r turbo and ran it from the head and it blew up. Im getting a new one and wanted some opinions which is best to run you oil feed line from the head, sandwich plate, oil pan. I dont want another blown turbo.

Is this turbo a ball bearing? Alot of people that do run bb turbos will install an inline filter to keep that oil clean it is crucial with a bb. I am going to be upgrading mine shortly with an SS braided off the oil filter housing. I guess it all depends on what you want to do with it personally. Oh an i almost forgot never use your old oil feed lines always get a new one with a new turbo, but i am sure you knew that :thumb:

Well i would reccomend going off your oil filter housing just about everyone ends up doing this upgrade eventually. I know you can buy a kit off the many vendors on this site just look for SS Oil line kit, I know it should come with a fitting an the line. Good luck with the car :hellyeah:

The reason why alot of people go with this option is because it allows full oil flow with high pressure!
I also found a walkthrough of how to do it if you end up taking this route :thumb:

RRE's Turbo Oil Line Installation Instructions

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back