The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Offset of Rim???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kareem17

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario_Canada
18"x8.5" With 32 Offset

will these rims cause any problems with my suspension? or what type of offset should I be using???

kareem17 said:
18"x8.5" With 32 Offset

will these rims cause any problems with my suspension? or what type of offset should I be using???

what size tire are you using?

That offset is defintely on the low side if you're gonna use 225's. I have 45 offset on 225/40/18 which fits perfect. Read wret's article in the tech article section. As long as you stay above a 30 offset you should be okay but stock is 46 so getting a little closer to that isn't a bad idea if possible. 8.5 is a little on the wide side also but it still should fit..

well I haven't purchased them yet, because of the offset issue. and about the tire size, they do not come with tires, so my next question would have been what tire size should I go with? I really do not plan on lowering the car if I don't have to, so I want it to look clean, and not have a huge gap if possible. what do you think?

kareem17 said:
well I haven't purchased them yet, because of the offset issue. and about the tire size, they do not come with tires, so my next question would have been what tire size should I go with? I really do not plan on lowering the car if I don't have to, so I want it to look clean, and not have a huge gap if possible. what do you think?

You will have a large gap unless you want to get larger then stock diameter tires. Thats a bad idea though. Easier to get a set of lowering springs then dealing with issues like possible rubbing, reduced acceleration, higher price, and inaccurate speedometer/odometer.

225/40/18 is the common and "safe" bet.
you can also go 235/40/18 pretty easily though have to be careful about lowering, offset, and fender rolling.The 235 just means its just 5mm wider on each side then the 225.

I'm using 235/40/18 on a 18/8 with 41mm and its Very close but no rubbing. The allignment is with in spec and the car is lowered 1.5inches..I would stick with 8inch wide..

At that width and offset you won't get your wheels to tuck under your fenders. Unless you keep your ride height on the high side and get stiffer springs, it'll rub like a cat in heat.

I would try to stay near +40mm offset. It gives you more options and you won't have any inner rubbing with 235's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back