The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

10in Wide rim offset?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jed344

Supporting VIP
Jan 10, 2008
Waterville, Iowa
Long story short trying to decide on rim and tire for a FWD 5spd dsm when at the track. Car weighs 2975lbs with driver at race weight. Built 6466 ect. This year it ran RX7 FD rims with 26x9.5 hoosier QTP's. The 26in tall put the car in weird spot MPH wise so plan is to drop to a 24.5. We want to move to a 15in rim too and go as wide as we can for traction reasons. The car already has D2 coil overs we spent most the year getting dialed in. We plan to build some traction bars for it as well. The car has a Quaife LSD. I know that's not the most ideal but it gets driven on the street so didn't want spool or aggressive lockup. Best 60ft we got to was 2.0. Any time we tried to lean on car harder it would break axle's. Car broke 3 in 1 day, it now has some driveshaft shop axle's so hopefully those days are done. For a idea of power last pass it made this year it spun and went 2.2 60ft and still went 12.1@129 this was at only 24psi in second and 32 psi in 3rd. We want to get it hooked up enough to turn it up. The car spins second even on prepped track at anything over 25psi right now.

I dont know on your tires are drag tires are alot different and thats going to cause you clearance issues most likely but i run a 10.5" wheel and ET 25 and i had to shave 5mm of the front knuckle and about 10mm off the rears. Thats also with a 295/30 race tire thats pretty square walled for maximum tread patch.

Im not sure on the drag tires but you are going to want about ET 10-15 easily to get away from the knuckles and less modifying of them but then you will need some big ass fender flares or covers

I was figuring 10-15 on offset, they can poke out as this set would only be used at the track so zero street use or turns under power ect.

15 would be ok or less even. You will notice its going to get close to the plastics but should jist have enough room so just check that out

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back