The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

*OFFICIAL* Phoenix Area DSMer Intro Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My name is Junior and im a 21 year old afghanistan combat veteran. i live in avondale and will be looking to attend local events or meet ups. i will be buying my first dsm on tuesday. it is a 1997 Spyder Eclipse GS Turbo, modded, ill list all the mods on my profile. im new to the whole dsm thing, so any tips or pointers are greatly appreciated.

Whats up guys, new here to tuners. My name is Victor I stay in south Phoenix area, I own 3 97 Eclipses GS GST and GSX. GS runs but no plates, can't pass emissions due to computer "not ready". GSX wrecked motor and tranny still good (not for sale or part out). and GST is running good but looking forward into doing an AWD swap, next couple of months... Seen and met couple people here, been to In and Out meets, just saying wasup!!
97 GST
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah I used too, looking for a new job...meanwhile I started my AWD swap...

No better time than the present then to start that AWD swap, I did it in 2 weeks (including the auto to 5-speed swap) but it was working on it everyday for 8 hours. Do it now while you've got the free time!

:dsm:

Justin
Gilbert, AZ

99 GSX 5-spd

Bought the car a couple years ago about 60k miles. All it had was an old Greddy intake and exhaust (trust branded parts) and it's quite a bit different now. I have a custom twin scroll manifold w/ evo9 turbo, GSC S2 cams, supra sidemount, Ksports, etc.... I still have a lot more to do, but I got tired of working on the car all the time, so I delayed the other stuff, while I enjoy the car for a while.

Hey whats up guys. Just moved from Portland, OR. Got a job out in Tempe. Saw you guys have a meet you do. I should be able to make it to the meets. I got a 97 GST all stock. Soon as i get settled in will start doing some upgrading soon.

I though I posted in this thread already, guess not....

Name is Nate,
live and work in South Central Phoenix as a CAD Engineer

1996 Eclipse GST (until I find a GSX parts car)
Fully built forged motor, and everything under the sun done on this thing! Been a DSM builder/ wrencher/owner for about 10 years.

Feel free to hit me up anytime. I am always down to chat DSM's or help a fellow DSM'r out.

Nate
(480)553-1160

I've seen you post on the Phoenix area threads, must not have found your way in here I guess? Anyway, thanks for the intro and you should provide some current pics of your DSM we know who we're "thumbs up'ing" if we spot you. :thumb:

See you around the area. Before it gets too hot I'd like to do a DSMer specific meet/cruise/photoshoot but I'm afraid the heat might have beat me to scheduling it. I didn't think it would start getting hot until July, the Arizona weather sure schooled me...

Hello my name is Ramon and im in the mesa area. I drive a 98 gst spyder. Basic bolt ons. Need an AFC tune to get the car to full potential. Currently looking for cheap beater car to begin AWD swap. Looking forward to some meets in the future

What's up people my name is Tony I have a 92 galant vr4 #666/1000 I'm over here on the west side of Phoenix been here my whole life but as of July last year been the proud owner of my Dsm which I been rudely told is not really a Dsm because it was made my Mitsubishi Motor Corp. anyway if u see me driving my grey galant throw me a double beeb and I wave see u all at the meets

Whats up everybody, name is Matt, live in glendale, got a 98gsx, had for about a year now, rebuilding motor tried going with2.4L but had to many complications, decided to do 2.3L stroker, wingz is doing my build, looking forward to meeting some other car guru's, and check out some meets.

Agree

Glad to see you found your way into the Phoenix regional forum, sounds like you're building it to go fast. What other build plans do you have, can't go fast with just the 2.3 by itself... ;)

Merging this with the Phoenix DSMer Intro thread we've already got.

Custom exhaust mani for AGP zeta 3.0, double pumper for E85 tune, ECM link v3, got a whole bunch of goodies. Pretty much got to wait til I break in the motor to really start tuning her out good

A really good base tune is really important with a new engine, so as not to glaze the cylinder walls, or dilute the oil with fuel.
Also, most engines broken in correctly do so in under 5 miles.

Custom exhaust mani for AGP zeta 3.0, double pumper for E85 tune, ECM link v3, got a whole bunch of goodies. Pretty much got to wait til I break in the motor to really start tuning her out good
Sounds like a fun car. What housing are you getting the AGP zeta 3.0 in?

Hey everyone my name is Nate I live in buckeye.. My dd is a 98 gs.. I also have a 97 project I'm working on as well a s14

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back