The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink OBDII to ECMLink? (BimmerGeeks Cable)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHSTII

Proven Member
Jul 1, 2021
Nashville, Tennessee
Just curious!

Getting ready to have my GSX tuned, but realized I need to check the way my ECMLink (v3) was setup by the previous owner.

Researching, it seems there’s more than one way that people do it. However… I’m having a hard time figuring out whether I can plug in a USB to OBDII connector.

Before I go buying more stuff, I want to check in case my Bimmergeeks cable I still have happens to not be useless in this case.

Just let me know if you’ve got any insight or direct experience with this.

Thanks in advance, guys.

If you have V3 you can get a replacement cable from ECMTuning.
It can't hurt to try your Bimmergeeks cable but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it worked. I just got one for my E90 and it would be great to know if it was useful for other things. My experience with OBD2 cables is that they are very closely mated to their software since it has to talk to the cable HW to make things work.

Worth a try. I used a $5 blue VAG cable which I soldered a short wire from pins 1 and 4 then used it on my brother's JDM Legnum VR-4 through Evoscan. It works and reads all the data and i can log, but I cannot flash with it; would need a proper Tactrix cable for it.

So maybe the cable you got will let you read and log part of the data, but given how specific ECMlink is to DSMs, I'd reckon it needs its specific V3 cable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back