The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

#NTRR

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks guys. I have a few things in mind for the car this winter to get a little weight out of it. It's currently 2660, all glass, stock brakes up front, etc.

Would you care to share the Brake Master cylinder bore size and brakeman pad compound you ended up going with?

I believe the master cylinder is a 7/8 now, was originally a 1". The pads are #93 compound from brakeman.

Thanks! You saved me a few hours in research and the aggravation of Trial and Error.

I believe that was his first time out with the auto in it, but I'm not 100% for sure on that. Appreciate it man. Taking it back to the track Friday and turning it up now.

subscribed for one nasty car!!!

Gary has a medical condition and did not even want to drive the car down the track, He didn't have the bottle in the car and just wanted to see if it would go down the track at all. After he realized it wasn't gonna happen without the bottle he decided to hang out and have Shane set it all up when he got back home.

Gary has a medical condition and did not even want to drive the car down the track, He didn't have the bottle in the car and just wanted to see if it would go down the track at all. After he realized it wasn't gonna happen without the bottle he decided to hang out and have Shane set it all up when he got back home.

Was not aware of that. Even when it had the 5 speed in it, it still didnt run that great. Hes got HIGH dollar parts (motec) in there and it runs like it does. Thats if he still has the motec, i just know he use to. Very dissapointed in the performance of such a well built car. Not bashing or trying to sound like an ass. I just expected a lot more from it

Was not aware of that. Even when it had the 5 speed in it, it still didnt run that great. Hes got HIGH dollar parts (motec) in there and it runs like it does. Thats if he still has the motec, i just know he use to. Very dissapointed in the performance of such a well built car. Not bashing or trying to sound like an ass. I just expected a lot more from it

The car was setup very well on the 5spd and tuned by Shane Tecklenburg. Gary self admittedly wasn't able to drive the car well, hence the change to auto. With some nitrous to stall the car and some fine tuning, that car will roll out next time.

Back on topic. :)

Took the car back to the track Friday, trying to dial in the new boost controller. The air was perfect to go fast, track was crap when we first got there. Turned the 2 step down, went 1.50 60' 5.84@127 on 38 lbs. Car was spinning bad in first once the power came in. Left the 2 step the same, 41 lbs this time. 1.41 5.85@122. Short shifted into third then let out early. Track was good by the third pass. Turned the 2 step back up, car hooked a little too good. Twisted the shaft on the tcase off and shot it through the tail shaft. Car should have been on 48-49 lbs for that pass so probably would have ran pretty good. Luckily the yoke was still useable. Threw another case in, going back Friday then ifo at the end of the month in Columbus Ohio. The frontline fab brace did great, it actually kept everything together for the most part. The gears in the case looked flawless, not much you can do about keeping that shaft in one piece without going to the 300m case. Just not sure I want to spend 1900-2300 on a transfer case LOL
null_zps29dc2596.jpg

Local 1/8 mile race we were going to run the mustang in got cancelled due to rain from the day before. So we decided last minute to head down to bg to run my car through the 1/4. Planned on trying to get the boost higher for next weekends ifo race, but the pressure regulator on the boost controller was having issues. So the car was only on 41 lbs. Also turned the 2step down to keep this tcase alive a bit longer LOL. Was hoping for a bit faster, but can't complain much for being last minute and the problems with the boost controller.
null_zps7ff1e4e8.jpg

[ame=http://youtu.be/0gWwuNgXAsc]893at159 - YouTube[/ame]

Amazing build man. Lots more info here than on FB. Can you point me where to buy those #93 pads for the 1g?

Are you going to import faceoff off this weekend ?
Yeah, in Columbus Ohio.
Amazing build man. Lots more info here than on FB. Can you point me where to buy those #93 pads for the 1g?
Thanks man. Call brakeman and ask for them, might take a week to make. Well worth it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back